alpinestars graphics and forks

alienbob5050

Retro Newbie
Ive recently got my old alpinestars cro-mega dx back it needs a respray any ideas were i can get stickers/graphics made up ??? its the non e stay version

Im also looking at fitting suspension forks to it but it has a 1 1/4 headset what are the options ???? can i get a converter to change it to 1 1/8 so i can fit modern forks ???? are there plenty of 1 1/4 suspension forks come up for sale ????

Im new on here and new to retro bikes always had new ones but when the chance to get my old alpinestars back came up i jumped at the chance always liked the way it road :D :D :D

alienbob5050":nipeoyjo said:
Ive recently got my old alpinestars cro-mega dx back it needs a respray any ideas were i can get stickers/graphics made up ??? its the non e stay version
Any vinyl-graphics firm can do that as long as you've got the originals. Gil_M is a guy here who has his own vinyl cutter and printer and as I understand it can reproduce whatever is needed.

Im also looking at fitting suspension forks to it but it has a 1 1/4 headset what are the options ???? can i get a converter to change it to 1 1/8 so i can fit modern forks ???? are there plenty of 1 1/4 suspension forks come up for sale ????
I'll leave that for others, susp. isn't my thing on these bikes, and beyond that I only know dirt/jump-forks and hardly even that, hehe...

Im new on here and new to retro bikes always had new ones but when the chance to get my old alpinestars back came up i jumped at the chance always liked the way it road :D :D :D
If you bought a new bike in 1991 it's vintage now, hehe... I'm among them who reverted back to this stüff even though (as a street/dirtrider) I've been into steel hardtails since day one - some 20+ years ago now...

Yeh, pm gil_m about the decals. If he has them on file, they are very cheap!

Lets see some pics then! I too have a non e-stay Alpinestars ;)

Photo707.jpg

heres a picture of the frame and forks now ive cleaned them up i really need to get it painted and graphics now ive contacted gil_m i just need to send him some images fingers crossed hope i can get it all back together the bike was my first proper bike 15 years ago i might have some pics of it years ago ill have a dig around see if i can find any might have some of me swimming with it in the lakes :D

Back