Glentress, This Sunday 26th july

Another great day out on old bikes :LOL:

ZigZag might drive a hairdressers car but he is a serious fit fast single speeder regardless of what he says, nice car too :D. A very sound individual who has even offered to drive me back from the Arran run, i think this over generous as he lives in Falkirk which is miles from me, definitely paying petrol costs ;)

Enid is a great guy too but not so fit, a more proper retro biker not a race whippet. We have got him on loan until the world of car sales drags him back so make the most of this guy. Loved his bike, always liked Canondale Y-Framed full susses, looks a serious machine. Apparently this is the bike that started the from 97 onward section of readers bikes :roll:

Dave DH showed up on his modern bike and yet again stamped his technical prowess on proceedings. He is however thinking of getting an old school full on rigid XC bike from his biking youth, help me turn the screws guys until he gets the bike, I'll happily take the flak from Dave :LOL: :LOL:

Oldest machine was my old hardrock and consequently only mechanicals suffered were of course by me :roll: Kept up though but in the drizzle it was tough. Grip was not so good today due to rain and bike is now covered in grime but still big fun.

No idea what happened to Messiah, he was not at the start at 11am. I hope he did not hurt himself the previous day. Alternatively I hope he enjoyed his drinking the previous night ;)

A good day out and now looking forward to Arran. Due to car break down I'm coming across to a campsite near Largs on Saturday. I'll then head down to Ardrossan on the Sunday morn and head for Kaisers to rendevous with you lot.

Cheers Velo

Well Guys,

I'm not blowing smoke up your bums, I had an exceptional day out today.
At least now you believe my (lack) of fitness levels :oops:

I appreciate you all waiting for me (pushing my steed up hills) and showing me around the legendary G.T .
I dont believe for a minute Dave normally pushes as much ;) , thanks for the company man :cool:

Spooky was a blast, im pretty sure something went on the bike when i did that second drop off!! not inspected it yet, it was feeling a little shonky for the rest of the way down.

Would also like to aknowlege the bloke who popped out of the wilderness behind us on his "20 yrs +" Rocky Mountain with Rc35's and trinkets, Props to you my man :LOL:

Zigzag showed us all up and obliterated the uphills on his SINGLESPEED :shock: Exceptional my man, whereas Dave owned all on the downhill sections , especially when the mist (red) showed, Velo covered the place faster than i would ever have thought possible even when that bike was brand new.

Magic day out lads,
I got in and had a shower, plate of broth and fell asleep on my lazyboy holding my mug of tea!
Looking forward to The Pentlands in aug :cool:

Heres the only picture taken all day, just on the last of the climb upto spooky.
26072009160.jpg

Dave , Velo , Enid & ZigZag
Respect.

Gary C

Looks like a top day out lads if a we bity damp! hope your dale is ok and love the picture :cool: hope you meet up with you lads soon.

Just in from my folks Ruby wedding dinner... Top day's cycling, good bit of chat and learned a few new things about GT. Wasn't sure what to expect and was a bit worried when velo went hooring up off the first hill - Thankfully things slowed down to a more reasonable pace. And his proper Hardrock, battlescars and all throw's mine into a rather harsh perspective. It wouldn't be me riding GT rigid either (ooh I'll have another shandy please).

Liked Enid's Cannondale, always good to see a bike heavier than my iDrivel :) , and props for lugging it all the way up to the top. Worth it though, your face was a picture at the bottom of Spooky :LOL:

Dave was ridiculously fast on the downhills, I think he admitted to a little bit of red mist descending on one of the runs, christ knows what he'd be like full on. Anyway, nice seeing someone proper fast and watching the lines he was taking (for the first 20 yards at least before he disappeared off into the distance). Only big scary moment of the day for me was trying to keep Dave at least visible as a rapid dot in the distance - not recommended.

Looking forward to Arran, and no, before I embarass myself next week I'm not all that fit.

Oh aye, and thanks for not laughing at the lidl shoes, aldi waterproof and inappropriate lid.

A huge sorry gents :oops:

I finally made it to the car park at about 11.00 after a stupid long wait at breakfast, but could see no retrobikes at the hub at that point.

I then headed out with one other slow moving bloke. Looking at the picture above I'm pretty sure we saw you a couple of times.

Turns out I couldn't take two bikes anyway so I was not retro so no chance you would have spotted me from Adam.

Once again... I'm very sorry if you were waiting around for me. But it sounds like you had a good ride which is what it's all about.

I thought the weather was ace... the rain was pleasantly warm.

Bah, must have just missed you and no more... No worries, as long as you had a good weekend of riding. Glad your no show wasn't the result of wrapping yourself around a tree on Saturday ;)

Of course you could have just given up on the hotel brekkie and grabbed a quick bite at the hub :p

Back