Glentress, This Sunday 26th july

kaiser":2c4abxf6 said:
velomaniac":2c4abxf6 said:
This should be good, a meet without the usual suspects, no west coasters so far at least :LOL:

And no likely tae either, the gayness is off the chart already wae all youse teuchters. Which reminds me of a story.......

Laugh while you can, on Sunday the 2nd my MX-5 will be gaying up your drive all day! I will dig out my Bronski Beat CD and make a suitable entrance at full volume for the benefit of your neighbours.

Nowt gay about MX5's... unless it's white and named "Dave" because that is the name of your gay hairdresser friend...

like mine used to be :oops:

:cool:
:cool:

Hmm, looks like I better dig out the Frankenbike SS yet again unless I get called a gayer.

DaveDH will be joining us also but unlikely to SS.

Oh and ZigZag, the scary berm riding was a fluke which I had stopped by berm 3, crashing is becoming too much of a habit :roll:

Now if I roll up to Kaisers with 'Only Fools and Horses' theme blasting out the Robin, I'll really bring the neighbourhood down :LOL:

Bag packed and ready to roll for a whole weekend at the Glentress mountainbike theme park.

Bring it on!

Car broken down, can get to Glentress by bike but would appreciate lift back to south edinburgh area, specifically Loanhead after days ride.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Oh and remember water proofs, it might be a wee bit inclement :roll:

Cheers

Velo

Riding down to Peebles in the pishing bloody rain? I don't think so.

PM me your address and phone number, I'll be at yours at 9.40-ish (or is that too late/early - not sure how long it'll take from Loanhead)? I'll be in the MX-5, so it's not exactly ideal, but 2 bikes fit on the rack fine, so really no worries.

In other news, just back from Pentlands iDrivel shakedown ride. Rear Mini brake ran out of pad amazingly fast, down to the metal on one pad after first downhill, brake was obviously useless afterwards so that ruined the rest of the ride. Wondering if maybe the other piston is slightly seized? Ach anyway, I think I'm going to pop my Tektro Auriga from the Avalanche on instead - just need to get some longer hose. Also bars feel too high, and front Manitou fork just feels crap. Was really looking forwards to full sussing, alas not the best of starts.

Also saw the hairyplanes taking of from Edinburgh Airport and heading over to the East Fortune airshow... Reckon I saw a Spitfire in the distance, and a DC-3/C-47 in RAF colours banking really low just after take-off. Very cool.

Oh aye, just remembered. I'll need to leave GT at about 3, got my mum and dad's Ruby anniversary dinner tomorrow night, so I'll need to get back in time for that.

Back