Early Saracen Lovers Anonymous......

Good to see some more great looking Saracens being posted up. I love a bit of titanium and I'm hankering after an early 90's e-stay at the moment.

Gravy Monster, Xesh -- those bikes look fantastic!

Just out of interest Xesh, what frame size is that Ultra Ti?

JohnH":119rzkqj said:
......Just out of interest Xesh, what frame size is that Ultra Ti?

17.5". The post is on it's limit though. Maybe I can get a 400mm Syncros when I get some more dosh. :LOL:

I've just found myself coming home with a singlespeed Saracen Sahara Elite! Brought on impulse as seemed like a good winter fixie commuter but now I'm not so sure!!! lol damn my retro weakness :oops:

It's old has rear brake cable routed through the top tube gears routed on the downtube. Horizontal dropouts and black. Has a 300lx crank, wolber rims on exage hubs. Any idea what year? And shall I keep it? ;)

Just realised, this is one of the biggest threads on here. That speaks volumes for the quality of what Saracen were back in the day!

Keep 'em coming!

Tel":1unk23w0 said:
I've just found myself coming home with a singlespeed Saracen Sahara Elite! Brought on impulse as seemed like a good winter fixie commuter but now I'm not so sure!!! lol damn my retro weakness :oops:

It's old has rear brake cable routed through the top tube gears routed on the downtube. Horizontal dropouts and black. Has a 300lx crank, wolber rims on exage hubs. Any idea what year? And shall I keep it? ;)

sounds like mine, 1991 I believe:
main.php

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
clownfish":30w0xa4h said:
sounds like mine, 1991 I believe:

Well it may sound like it and it may indeed be the same year but our bikes are worlds apart!

sahara001.jpg

Took it for a ride this morning and the ss gearing is really low, not a bad bike though. Still trying to decide whether to keep it or not. I don't think its valuable enough to warrant a restoration but if I sell it I ain't gunna get back what I paid for it, winter commuter is looking likely...

Back