retro bragging rights...

holy (white) smoke batman! mark batt!

was only thinking this morning what we need is a return of the offroad/proflex hopometer at events!

what was his record? 40 inches? i competed against him and hemming and avery at quite a few events - best i could manage was 38" bah! still i won a titanium all in one flexstem/bar combo once!

ringlatron":30a9605v said:
best i could manage was 38" bah!

Thirt Eight Inches is certainly impressive (stop sniggering at the back)

Did you know Batt? He used to (and probably still does for all I know) live down Bristol way...

Yeah I'm not that far from Chi.

I like it more than East Sussex as it's a less 'epic' open landscape and more woody and chalk bursty.

never knew him to speak to, only crossed paths on a coupla occasions... i feel an mbuk article coming on ;-)

scant":2qm218nt said:
Wu-Tangled":2qm218nt said:
Is anybody doing ANY work this afternoon?

:)

first time for everything....

LOL

well...it's been a couple of minutes...what was it like - working for the first time? You must be tired - why don't you have a break luv and sit down with a nice cup 'o' splosh?

Pace":2j7hkuem said:
Met Tomac at the Plymouth Grundig years back. Got chatting to a Giant rep who couldn't believe I'd driven down from Newcastle just to watch Tomac race (I'd busted my knee so couldn't race). He took me through into the Giant enclosure where Tomac had just got back from pre-riding the course and was chatting to Bob Gregaro (?) his mechanic about changes to the bike.

Needless to saw I was a bit awestruck in the presence of the great man (I was 17) and I think Tomac did most of the talking....

Great guy though - still got the "When Jonny be good" poster he signed - framed and in pride of place in the living room. For some reason the wife thinks it is kitsch and lets me get away with it!

Also have some really bad pics of me with Tomac where I have the worst "JMC" esque long hair do ever....

I can ditto that - got the same pictures, signed number plate (i raced) and bad haircut - no comments please Tony!

MadCowKev":ewnf26vn said:
Pace":ewnf26vn said:
Met Tomac at the Plymouth Grundig years back. Got chatting to a Giant rep who couldn't believe I'd driven down from Newcastle just to watch Tomac race (I'd busted my knee so couldn't race). He took me through into the Giant enclosure where Tomac had just got back from pre-riding the course and was chatting to Bob Gregaro (?) his mechanic about changes to the bike.

Needless to saw I was a bit awestruck in the presence of the great man (I was 17) and I think Tomac did most of the talking....

Great guy though - still got the "When Jonny be good" poster he signed - framed and in pride of place in the living room. For some reason the wife thinks it is kitsch and lets me get away with it!

Also have some really bad pics of me with Tomac where I have the worst "JMC" esque long hair do ever....

I can ditto that - got the same pictures, signed number plate (i raced) and bad haircut - no comments please Tony!

ditto most of above again, <yawn> tho signed tioga disc drive not number plate... with hind sight the number plate would hav lasted longer :D :LOL:

Latest posts

Back