Mr K's Day in the Peaks 26th September FINAL ARRANGEMENTS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is sounding good :cool:

I'm not as fit as I was last year though, more work and less play has caused this, so go a little easy :LOL:

The missus is happy for me to come along. As a certain Mr. Pickle will ascertain it will take me the first 5 miles to 'warm up' before the next 50 miles or so....

Heck - I might even by my first ever helmet just to keep you all happy.

Went out tonight with some disgustingly young American USAF types - they are supposed to do 45 press-ups in 60 seconds to pass basic training ( US Army have to do 61 in 60 seconds)

after a few Jack Daniel challenges, I managed a healthy 45 press-ups in 45 seconds just to keep my 35 year old arse 'in the game, dude!'

I now have one hell of a 35 year old hang-over to deal with :oops:

I'll be dead by 36.... :cool:

legrandefromage":2y2sxte0 said:
The missus is happy for me to come along. As a certain Mr. Pickle will ascertain it will take me the first 5 miles to 'warm up' before the next 50 miles or so....

Heck - I might even by my first ever helmet just to keep you all happy.

Went out tonight with some disgustingly young American USAF types - they are supposed to do 45 press-ups in 60 seconds to pass basic training ( US Army have to do 61 in 60 seconds)

after a few Jack Daniel challenges, I managed a healthy 45 press-ups in 45 seconds just to keep my 35 year old arse 'in the game, dude!'

I now have one hell of a 35 year old hang-over to deal with :oops:

I'll be dead by 36.... :cool:

That sounds like the throwing of a gauntlet! :LOL:

50 miles in the Peaks....
Trepidation has just upped the fitness regime to searching ebay for a turbo trainer and cutting back on the Adnams Time is *issing itself at the prospect.

im coming...........work n money pending,might do sat and pub then drive home late again

It's later than last year isn't it? I would - as usual - really like to be there again (really loved it last year despite being totally unfit!). However, there is an 'Old Skool' time trial in Shropshire on the same day unfortunately so I'm going to have to make some serious decisions!

If I make it the bike will have to be rigid - haven't really got anything else I would consider suitable. I could have the Dynatech ready if Mrs Ned doesn't complain about me dismantling her bike!

mrkawasaki":26yeemod said:
Heading west to examine the Tegg's Nose/Macc Forest area this weekend...

Macc Forest is pretty much on my doorstep. No riding in Tegg's Nose and a bit limited in the forest. The hills up above the forest, Three Shires Head and Wildboarclough have some good old school riding. Link them all up with a good selection of pubs and you're onto a winner.

Wherever, I'd love to come along.

Cutgate, Whinstone and Hagg Farm were great fun but seriously challenging on the Retrosteeds earlier in the year- Ladybower pub does great food and ale too but I guess its too far east to fit in. That said I think there is a good section over from Hope/Edale but it would be a true killer when combined.

Worth a thought though.

Si

I'm up for this.

My friend is the Peak District's staff photographer so do you reckon you would like some advertising of sorts? He could come along and take some 'official' photos - anything to help get the retro-word out there.
He's cool with it if anyone's interested.

Let me know.

Cheers all.

P.S. If I've done this right, here is his personal website...

http://www.andrewmidgleyphotography.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back