Saracen Kili Ultra Ti.....finished (almost)

Xesh

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Edit: Forgot to mention that this is a '94 model afaIk.

A few pics. :cool:

Unfortunately some modern parts sneaked in.

OK I put them on just so I could ride it. :LOL: :LOL: They will be replaced. ;)

Attachments

• Kiliultra03.JPG
    Kiliultra03.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 1,997
  • Kiliultra02.JPG
    Kiliultra02.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 1,997
  • Kiliultra01.JPG
    Kiliultra01.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 1,997
Oooh very nice. I'm not sure about the CODA cranks on this bike though. M900 XTR or Middleburn cranks would look much nicer.

drystonepaul":7zgyyiqh said:
Oooh very nice. I'm not sure about the CODA cranks on this bike though. M900 XTR or Middleburn cranks would look much nicer.

Have to agree. They're a little bulky for the slender ti frame. Imo, those Coda cranks need to be pared with an aluminium frame or they tend to stand out too much.

Nice build all the same though. Wish I'd gone for some M900 XTR on my build now :(, wallet doesn't though :LOL:.

are them wheels hope blue hubs front and rear?

think they were mine a few years ago, i sold them to a mate and he sold them straight on?

cracking build. :D

first job io had to do as a cycle mechanic was to chase the bottom bracket threads in one of those :shock: talk about baptism of fire!

drystonepaul":1yt9od37 said:
.....M900 XTR or Middleburn cranks would look much nicer.

I wanted to get some M900s but I just don't have the money at the mo. Eventually I'll get the frame restored so that it can use cantis, but again it's the money....

kase1983":1yt9od37 said:
are them wheels hope blue hubs front and rear?

They are. I've only ever seen these wheels with blue hubs before.

I've been trying to find some replacement spokes as the driveside ones are a bit mangled. They are OK to ride on but I'm a fussy bar steward. :LOL: :LOL: That plus the spoke nipples are starting to show signs of corrosion.

The next thing to do, however, is to get some decals made.

BTW does anyone know if these are supposed to have a 31.8 seat collar on them or was it a custom one? The one on it is loose and doesn't tighten up correctly so the post slowly slips down. When I took it off and measured the top of the seattube it came out at 30.8. :? It's looking like I'll have to get a 30mm collar.

Saracen

Blue just doesn't go with bare Ti, needs black or silver or Ti, Coda cranks look horrendous, Race face Turbines or Middleburns please and lose the bar ends too.

Back