skewers

aljsk8":10lbte6l said:
i just think the whole internal cam thing feels so much smoother

why doesnt someone else use the same design

Alex

American classic made a nice internal cam skewer, wern't cheap though.

a_amer_class_hubs_3.jpg

What about using tune

42_1.JPG

about 45 euro's and they do look nice

They do define the 'golden' era for most of us though don't they - probably better than any other component. Such choice and variety and colours and and and...

It's a shame nowadays that more care isn't given to trick little bits in good colours and with lovely designs/ logos/ names.

I know, I know, we can go out and buy X-lite or hope ones in colours, but there was something about the mid nineties skewer options available that i miss.

I was thinking this morning as i flicked through an old mag - if I ever got my hands on a Delorian that could actually travel through time, bugger going back and sorting out your relatives - I'd go back and stockpile what was listed in the Stif advert from 1993. "all colours" seemed to be the resounding comment.

wow - ive never seen those two - there exactly what im looking for!

the guy with the rant - so was that argument for the internal system or against it?

where do you find those in the 2nd pic?

Nice stuff tune, if a little pricey , but they still have that little bit of a retro look about the skewers and the bigfoot cranks.

no layback, I'm tempted :)

Those ebay skewers aren't quite Tune...look like copies. Thought 45E was a bargain!!

Back