RETROBIKE'S BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER- THIS WEEKEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
m-trax":xjv43dcq said:
gil_m":xjv43dcq said:
Basically it’s a caravanning site so has no stand alone facilities, only those that the pub has said we can use. They have told me that we can use one of the sheds for secure bike storage but this is at your risk.

First question: Is anyone getting a evening meal on the Sat or is everyone cooking /BBQ?

Second question: I presume there is some form of water tap as I don't fancy getting in to my sleeping bag plastered in mud? Similarly toilets? I know you men can just whip it out into the bushes, but it isn't quite as easy for us ladies.

Third Question: Any other ladies coming?

If you PM Gil he will answer your questions on the camping front.

I think the pub is quite popular for food and I think pre-booking might have been needed for such a large group. Again Gil is the man to ask as its his local. I'm planning on having a bit of BBQ action but have just spent two hours trying to cram all my bikes and camping gear in the van and now I realize that I have not put the BBQ in :roll:

si

Si-I will have solderless nips in the FEPD stock I am bringing; they are about 8mm dia and were used in the Pace rockers-any good?

Checked out our retrotent last night-looked like a crashed biplane but we will attempt an erection on Friday pm :shock: I think it is almost as big as the Pub!!

Other ladies will be present Lindsey; Mrs JBD is along and possibly two others.

In Neilll's absence I will be attempting a Pace fork timeline[up to 2000] display on sat with the possibility of prizes for the person who can most accurately spot the missing forks!!

see you all there

Thanks for that Tim, you are a star!

Few last thoughts.....

Can anyone bring another BBQ? I have managed to squeeze one in the van but we could do with another to avoid violent rioting as 35 hungry bikers all want feeding at the same time :?

Also if anyone is handy with a camera could you bring it along- need plenty of pics for the folks back home.

Weather looking promising, sunny on Saturday and cloudy but dry on Sunday. Collective fingers crossed please!!

Cheers
Si

We will have a compact digi with us Si. Not sure about a barbie-usually an upturned dustbin lid for us!!

Just reread my last post-sounds like I am doing the timeline thing to spite you Neill :oops:
was hoping to arrange it with you but alas you are otherwise committed

my nips are 7mm diameter Si ;)

I will have my digi on me ;)

Si... I thought when I spoke to you yesterday , you said there were showers,, reading Gil's earlier comments, looks like there is not.. :roll:

Can you confirm this, as like others, dont want to be getting into sleeping bag at night covered in shite.. :)

Since I am dead man walking and unlikely to do much in the way of any riding. (managed to have a minor over the bars clanger on my commute in today) I may be up for prepping awesome foodage for the returning riders. I'm told I am actually reasonably good at the old cooking malarky, If I wasnt an Engineer, I would have been a Surgeon...but chef would have been a good solid third place.

Will also allow me to catch up on 9 days sleep :)

Incidently I will likely stop over at my folks on the friday night and head to you guys crazy early on saturday morning. Tis a long drive from London & it would be rude not to drop in on my parents when passing.

Sithlord":1zirbfte said:
I will have my digi on me ;)

Si... I thought when I spoke to you yesterday , you said there were showers,, reading Gil's earlier comments, looks like there is not.. :roll:

Can you confirm this, as like others, dont want to be getting into sleeping bag at night covered in shite.. :)

Campsite is gil's department matey, I know as much as you. I can bring a shower kit but it will be cold water :LOL: :LOL:

how much spare room will you have in your car dude?? Room for the Klunker by any chance??

Si

Cold Shower .. :) sounds retro... :LOL: I'll take you up on that.. ;)

Room in the car... :LOL: :LOL: have'nt worked out how I am going to get in yet.. :LOL: :LOL: so sorry dude but now room, unless you have a rack for the back of my motor.. then not a problem.. ;)

Re BBQ - we will be bringing one of those two ring camping stove jobbies if that's any use - was planning to cook some burgers and sausages over that - might be room for some more to throw theirs on too :D

will be bringing (waterproof) camera too.

Almost packed and ready to go, will be arriving tomorrow. Bringing the freshly washed and prepared alpinestars and Raleigh. Just need to fettle a little with the Raleigh later tonight.

The Saturday night trial i'm running is just for laughs, nothing too difficult or serious. You'll just need a bike, a beer, a helmet and a sense of humour :D . Got the marking out gear together so will recce some sections after Saturday's ride.

See you soon.

Attachments

• 2009_07232220025.JPG
    2009_07232220025.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 2,013
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back