Marzocchi Steerer tube replacement interest?

If you're doing pressed in ones, then it's worthwhile looking at the steerer swap sticky.

This is where you'd become everyones best freind ;)

Pressed in :LOL: Ahhh you didnt say that :LOL:
Yeah thats a good price right enough :cool:
Somebody get a 10 ton hydraulic press for their birthday ;)
theres one in our bike workshop too
Handy buggers :cool: they are too

If you're doing pressed in ones, then it's worthwhile looking at the steerer swap sticky.

This is where you'd become everyones best freind

Good thinking! i never really thought of that lol

Pressed in Ahhh you didnt say that
Yeah thats a good price right enough
Somebody get a 10 ton hydraulic press for their birthday
theres one in our bike workshop too
Handy buggers they are too

Yeah i have one, a floor standing 10 ton one at work very very handy ;)

I will now go and trawl through all the steerer tube swap thread pages and see what i come up with, might even look into rockshox and other makes too see what i can help out with!

I will bump this thread every now and again to see if any more intrest comes from it.

Tony....

i can tell you now that you will be very busy for a while ;)

judging by the amount of people with short steerers wanting longer ones :shock:

Why werent you around with this deal 2 months ago :cry:

Hi resurrecting this thread.
Are you still able to do this? as i have some z1 bombers circa 2001 that i need a longer steerer on
thanks

Depends if you can fit a new steerer if the crown is of the type that allows such.
Otherwise no i wouldnt recommend it. Given the nature of any injury incurred by hitting the ground chin first from pressing out then pressing in a longer one in the hope that it doesnt all go pear shaped.
However, you can find another fork in knackered condition and swop the steerer and crown over in one go.
If it is the crown with the bolts on the back then just about any steerer will do as long as the diameter is the same and 9.5/10 it is :? RST steerers fit straight off the ball.

Need to let (us) know if yout crown and steerer is bolted on and if the crown itself blots onto the legs. The length of the one you have and the length you need or can go to at a stretch :?.

I suggest the wanted section once you know what you have and what exactly is needed. :)

Hi. I realise this thread is really old. Tony - are you still out there and able to fit a Marzocchi steerer for me? I'd love to take you up on it please.
Or if not does anybody else know who can fit a steerer for a reasonable price please?

Cheers,
Dave

Hi. I realise this thread is really old. Tony - are you still out there and able to fit a Marzocchi steerer for me? I'd love to take you up on it please.
Or if not does anybody else know who can fit a steerer for a reasonable price please?

Cheers,
Dave
No problem for the older Marzocchi ones, what do you need in detail?

Last edited:
Back