retro bragging rights...

ringlatron":3as51k0s said:
mint sauce made it legendary ;-)
- see him out there occasionally.

[/quote] but it there is some great riding up there too, perfectly suited to a good hardtail...[/quote] - that's why i live on their doorstep and own a hardtail.

north downs is good too! box hill and all round there is wicked.

i was lucky enough to get to ride with hans rey in the states and we rode some of the old laguna rads trails and have a firepit!

Wu-Tangled":12juob4k said:
scant":12juob4k said:
n.downs is better ;)

I must try it. Just so nice to have the trails on the doorstep so no trains/ cars involved, just a ride out and a ride back.

you dont have to tell me that! I live on the edge of the brecon beacons ;)

hans rey in this months mbuk dvd , still f*****g mad

doing a pub crawl in ireland , oh and a bit of riding as well :D

scant":nnmeb5oz said:
you dont have to tell me that! I live on the edge of the brecon beacons ;)

ok, I concede your welsh lumpy bits are bigger than our softy south lumpy bits. But I still love 'em.

those welsh lumps are good fun, but its a different kind of riding to the downs stuff. both are fun in different ways...

Met Tomac at the Plymouth Grundig years back. Got chatting to a Giant rep who couldn't believe I'd driven down from Newcastle just to watch Tomac race (I'd busted my knee so couldn't race). He took me through into the Giant enclosure where Tomac had just got back from pre-riding the course and was chatting to Bob Gregaro (?) his mechanic about changes to the bike.

Needless to saw I was a bit awestruck in the presence of the great man (I was 17) and I think Tomac did most of the talking....

Great guy though - still got the "When Jonny be good" poster he signed - framed and in pride of place in the living room. For some reason the wife thinks it is kitsch and lets me get away with it!

Also have some really bad pics of me with Tomac where I have the worst "JMC" esque long hair do ever....

We were talking about this amongst all the race officials at the Fort William World Cup a couple of years ago.

Of course we have all got tales of "famous" riders we have had brushes with, been insulted by some we even consider friends and those we have been drinking with.

We were going round the table with various tales and the names were coming thick and fast....

But Chief Commissaire from Norway, Heike Dahle took top honours when he quietly announced...

"Eddie Merkx and me got very, very drunk together on the Tour de France"

No one could better that :D

Back