Recovered saddle

Me too, have a saddle on the way. Does anyone have any idea about decals or lettering? You know, flites for example have "flite" either side of the nose, how could this be replicated?

i failed. struggling with the nose, i cut too much away. my leather is quite heavy though. ah well, plenty spare!

A few years back, I covered an old Fizik Nisene saddle with some of the lower leg part of my old Levi's jeans (the part below the knee with less wear). I think I just used normal contact glue, and it held up nicely. I did not take the old cover off, so it was pretty easy to get to work on.
The Nisene saddle has the screwed on "scuff guards" on the corners, and under the nose, which makes it easy to fold the cloth or leather under and finishes it off nicely.

The jeans cloth was acually surprisingly easy to keep clean. Just let the mud dry, and slap it a few times. Simply dust it off! And you will have a nice "no-slip" cover on your seat (if you like that).

It worker for me, and I will do it again, as I have another old Nisene on my hack bike. ;)

development_cycle":2fv06wlx said:
Me too, have a saddle on the way. Does anyone have any idea about decals or lettering? You know, flites for example have "flite" either side of the nose, how could this be replicated?

You can get rub on lettering from most art shops,something to do with drawing
I know 'millers the art store' has them for sure, as i look at them everytime im in there,wondering if theres a bikey use for them.
As to how long theyd last,thats anybodys guess :?

at the second attempt i managed this!

Attachments

• Image025 (Large).jpg
    Image025 (Large).jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1,910
thats no bad cce :cool: any tips? I currently have a flite and an slr waiting, just trying to source some white perforated leather :D

the leather i used was 1.1mm+ and i found it a bit hard to work

perforated should have a bit of stretch to it

i have enough of this leather to do 2 or 3 more saddles, and i've found some grips that match the colour almost exactly

WOOP!

Attachments

• Image026 (Large).jpg
    Image026 (Large).jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,959
I recovered two Flite's that I have in Alcantara. It's quite thin so easy to stretch round but being suede like isn't waterproof!! I only ride those bikes in good weather anyway!!

Attachments

• DSC04366.JPG
    DSC04366.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 1,953
I am trying to source some foam to replace missing one on e flite.
I believe 5mm firmish one is needed but cant see any available on the bay :cry:

(motorbike stuff can be found but it is too thick)

anybody found some 5mm foam on the bay ???

Back