YO EDDY!! Something old...Something New!

Fattyboombatty

Old School Hero
Just got a SID Team w/ remote lockout in the mail, so I thought the bikes should come out for a photo op!

Here are my beloved Yo Eddys! The yellow one has a sn of 141Y2M and the Bronze Metallic has a sn of YOM2282... Is this a 2000 or 2002? Anyway, they are both chuck full 'o Ringle goodness.

The yellow is running mostly 900 XTR and XT rapidfire w/ White Industries rear wheel and Ringle front. Bullseye cranks of course w SRP bolts.

New Yo is XT/XTR with LX 8 spd pods and Avid V chip levers. Ringle Super Bubba Wheels on Mavic Ceramics and Michelin Hot S rubbers. Ringle stem and post! Race Face cranks w/ SRP kit.

Which is your favorite? Oldskool or Newskool?

Fatty

Attachments

• P7210270.JPG
    P7210270.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 1,994
  • P7210271.JPG
    P7210271.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 1,994
  • P7210272.JPG
    P7210272.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 1,994
  • P7210273.JPG
    P7210273.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,994
very nice ;)
especially with the sids

what colour is it?....magenta?...looks like it changes shade with the light
EDIT>>>>Ignore me...just learnt to read :oops:

You SID decals are on the wrong side, which messes with my mind as it looks like the forks are pointing backwards.

Lovely otherwise though. :D

Super sweet :cool: tricky choice but I'll go old school, very nicely finished and I don't like the flite on the newer one(but thats it :D)

Fattyboombatty":1ie4pggg said:
Here are my beloved Yo Eddys! The yellow one has a sn of 141Y2M and the Bronze Metallic has a sn of YOM2282... Is this a 2000 or 2002?

Fat City closed in 2000 so unlikely 2002. The 8 in there says 1998 to me, although its strangely misplaced (my 98 has the 8 on the end of the serial).

Sweet bikes. Any chance you can get a weight on them? Just curious.

Hate to say it but I really like the one kitted out with modern parts...that's a bike can be raced/used on a regular basis :D

Dave_H":28xvdqg4 said:
You SID decals are on the wrong side, which messes with my mind as it looks like the forks are pointing backwards.

Lovely otherwise though. :D

Ha Ha!!! I didn't even realize that until you pointed it out! I guess I own a pair of dyslexic forks! Thanks for the kind words guys! I personally love the newer Yo! It rides more modern and is easier on my back on long rides.

Back