Glentress, This Sunday 26th july

velomaniac

MacRetro Rider
Hello anyone with nowt better to do, I'm going to Glentress this Sunday meeting up by The Hub Cafe from 1030am, planning to do the red route with maybe some black and blue as well.

Already got a couple of takers but the more the merrier. Not a retro specific meet, ride what you like, I'll be retro purely because thats all I own.

Cheers

Velo

I'm one of the "others" who will be there :D

Doubt I'll be riding retro but the spirit of retro will be strong with me :LOL:

Seeing as you have all promised to be gentle with me,

I'm coming too , as above, i will be riding all i own (thats not in bits) (the heaviest Cannondale in the world) :LOL:

Canna wait, Hope it gets a bit drier though :cry:

Gc

Looks like I may be able to take a Retro ride after all :D

Now... I've ridden GT many a time and I'm thinking my Rigid Kona Singlespeed would be a lot of fun although tough on the climbs - and there is always the risk of breaking it, which would be a good thing :twisted: .
The Dave Lloyd however would be fantastic all round, although the thought of damaging this would not be a good thing :evil: .

Oh god - having to make a decision between the two is probably worse than thinking I can take neither :roll:

Perhaps in the usual spirit of Retrobike I should set up a poll?

SS it Messiah, GT is fully SS possible, I do it often but I reckon I'm going geared this time so thats a bit poor on my part :oops:

This should be good, a meet without the usual suspects, no west coasters so far at least :LOL:

If it helps, I'll bring my SS.

I've done GT on the SS 3 or 4 times now, and as velo says, definitely do-able. There's a couple of uphill switchbacks that I'll walk when it's wet on that rocky climb after Pennel's Vennel and same again on the Spooky Wood climb. For me its just a confidence thing being clipped in and trying to avoid TIMBERRRing over. Although if we're lucky we'll miss them out if we take the Black route up after the freeride park.

Looking forward to dipping my toes in some of the Black route and not keeping up with velo through the corners on Electric Blue :D

Would a wee play at the freeride park be an option? Never given it a go, them cool kids on their jump bikes are just too intimidating.

velomaniac":2xgig4ju said:
This should be good, a meet without the usual suspects, no west coasters so far at least :LOL:

And no likely tae either, the gayness is off the chart already wae all youse teuchters. Which reminds me of a story.......

zigzag":2tm1oxar said:
If it helps, I'll bring my SS.

I'm sure it won't help ;)

I'm almost certainly goint to take the Kona anyway... I simply fancy trying Glentress singlespeed.

Poll now up on the main forum folder :roll:

Back