1992 Raleigh Dyna-Tech MT5 - Build completed, latest pics...

What a result, it looks absolutely stunning. Those forks look especially nice and the whole thing looks very NOS. With that saddle and those tyres it should ride great too. Enjoy it, i'm sure it's been worth all the effort.

i love these bikes i was watching a frame for 1 on ebay a few weeks back the forgot about it i was gutted now looking at that i want 1 again great bike to ride to i rode 1 at the launch of them years ago :D :D :LOL:

Neil,

Weighed the MT5 and it is 24lb. Also weighed the Team Dyna-Tech 2070 with the (heavy) Campagnolo Centaur group set and that came-in at 27.5lb.

Dunno if it's because I've been riding a single-speed Pashley Workbike for the past couple of months or not, but the MT5 does seem 'featherweight'. And, naturally, the Team Dyna-Tech now seems bl**dy heavy :shock:

Finally fitted the Shimano Deore pedals, toe-clips and straps and bar-end plugs. BUILD COMPLETE! :D

Here are the updated pics, including one of 'yours-truly' sporting my old Mint-Sauce MBUK t-shirt. See it still fits me!! (Well, admittedly, where-it-touches now :oops: ) As you can see now, at 50+ I don't need a Camelbak as I already possess a Camelmiddle (thanks to plenty of beer-breaks when cycling).

This is a super bike to ride, very responsive and soooo light (until I get on it :? )

Now where did I put my beer.........

Attachments

• MT5_and_me.jpg
    MT5_and_me.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 913
  • MT5_cluster_bling.jpg
    MT5_cluster_bling.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 913
  • MT5_front_view.jpg
    MT5_front_view.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 913
  • MT5_build_finished.jpg
    MT5_build_finished.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 913
Have now removed the modern saddle and added my 'old' Brooks Swift (Ti rails). Recently the frame broke on this and Brooks kindly replaced the frame free-of-charge even though it was well-outside the two-year guarantee period. Apparently the rails on the early-produced saddles had a known problem with the welding. Thanks, Brooks, for doing a wonderful job on the saddle.

Attachments

• 1992_mt5.jpg
    1992_mt5.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 737
It's still looking fantastic, have you put many miles on it since the summer?

Unfortunately I haven't put very much off-road mileage on it at all as, on St Georges Day this year, I got married. So the MT5 is now a bit of a 'garage-Queen'.

Luckily the wife likes cycling so, maybe, next summer we can do a bit of rough-stuff ;)

Back