1972 ALAN ally road frame, the glued and bolted type.

mudchute

Retro Newbie
Hi,

I rarely ride it plus need the money for a college course so its up for sale.

It's a shiny 1972 ALAN bonded and bolted together alluminium frame and fork.

The frame has been polished and is now very shiny. It has a new shimano square drive bb, new shiny chain, shiny freewheel. Shiny GB stem and drop bars (the shiny risers you see in the pics are also included) and shiny ish campy veloce calipers. The levers are also (shiny) campy but I don't know what model. The headset is also a campy one which, although not perfect is shiny and works.

The brakes and drops are off as I wanted to try it out with the risers but otherwise all the bits are there to run a front and rear brake, drop bars etc including some nos campy top tube cable clamps, shiny chrome ones!

The post is a campag one, in good condition, shiny and topped off with a charge spoon saddle in black which isn't shiny.

The wheels are shiny, round and work. I have some brand new system ex hubs to go with the bike though so some tasty wheels can be built.

For the frame, fork, headset, bb, top tube clips and seatpost I want £175.

The brakes (levers and calipers) £45

Wheels + tyres, might do for a beater, £20.

Bars, £10 each.

Seat, £10.

System Ex Fixed/free front and rear hubs (new), £40.

Any questions call me on 07736279426 or pm me.

Gavin

DSC00248.jpg

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00252.jpg

Hi Gavin

I might have missed it but there doesn't seem to be a size listed.....

Looks about a 57? The frame design looks the same as mine. Is the fork steerer firmly in the crown? Any movement around the BB?

Hey chaps, its's a 57 x 57 provided my tape measuring skills are accurate!

I should've updated also, the seat is sold now, sorry.

All the joints are sound, no movement or creaking anywhere. The fork legs flex a little under braking but it is flex in the legs themselves, they are wee skinny ally legs afterall.

Back