Rohloff Speedhub

Kestonian

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Loads of fans around for the Speedhub. I am intrigued enough to want to try one.

Questions:
- has anyone tried one and NOT like it?
- is the grip shifter any good?

Cheers

Woody

Kestonian":3mzhei13 said:
Loads of fans around for the Speedhub. I am intrigued enough to want to try one.

Questions:
- has anyone tried one and NOT like it?
- is the grip shifter any good?

Cheers

Woody

There must be people around that have tried and didn't like, but I'm not one of 'm :D

The twist shifter works very well but is a bit bulky imho, the Rohloff uses 2 shifter cables. Wich means you pull one cable to shift up and pull the other to shift down, this means you don't have to trust on any springs and you can shift faster. Also the index is inside the hub so if the cables stretches it doesn't influence the shifting. Bit noisy in the lower gears but guess you know that allready.
If anyone knows anything better at this moment with the same range and durability please let me know ;)

I got 2.

They are nice, but it depends what you want em for. Loaded touring, muddy riding, downhill all good

Bodging onto a nice retro frame, XC riding in summer, time trialing not so good :)

Feel free to catch a plane down and test mine out :)

Andy

fatfixie":16d379rh said:
I got 2.

They are nice, but it depends what you want em for. Loaded touring, muddy riding, downhill all good

Bodging onto a nice retro frame, XC riding in summer, time trialing not so good :)

Feel free to catch a plane down and test mine out :)

Andy

agree on all but the XC riding in summer, Rohloff works much better on the technical rocky singletracks :cool:

Back