RETROBIKE'S BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER- THIS WEEKEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right then. Anyone know how to fit a 20ft x 12ft gazebo, a fridge freezer, lighting, table, chairs, BBQ, cooking stuff, banners, boxes of spares, seven bikes, riding gear, a tent, sleeping bag, bed, 75 bottles of water, food, drink and various tat in the back of a six seater Merc Vito?

Hope there's enough room for me and a packet of fags!!!

Si

Retrobike Dirty Weekend - Retrorides

Hi All

Are people using modern bikes for the two rides or is it a mix of both, just wondered if i needed to bring another bike for the rides (more Modern)?

Cheers

G.

Re: Retrobike Dirty Weekend - Retrorides

airbrusher":1a0iojyp said:
Hi All

Are people using modern bikes for the two rides or is it a mix of both, just wondered if i needed to bring another bike for the rides (more Modern)?

Cheers

G.

90% will be riding old skool. It'll be fun on your old bike- leave the modern stuff at home ;)

Gil is threatening to do it on a BMX :LOL: :LOL: :? :cool:

I'm a bit nervous about relying on my retro. Have only just started riding after a couple of very lazy years. I'm incredibly unfit and never had good handling skills even when I was. I did Dalby Red a couple of years ago and from what I remember a rigid bike would make me very nervous.

Took it offroad last weekend and was very tentative - it was also my first off road ride in clipless pedals - only used them for commuting 2miles to work up till now!

I had been thinking of riding retro on the first day and modern the second (if my fitness allows me to ride the second day that is!). Need to test the modern out as I've rejuvenated it and been fidding with the cockpit.

On the other hand at least if I stay retro no one will expect me to be good, but the modern bike looks like it should belong someone much better than me so could be embarrasing in that respect!

I guess I'll probably take both and decide/be cajoled on the day!

Just curious....is anyone bringing a 19" bike/frame to sell in the jumble? Might have an interested buyer!

D_XZ":9mpaytz7 said:
Just curious....is anyone bringing a 19" bike/frame to sell in the jumble? Might have an interested buyer!

give sithlord a shout, he has a Diamond Back steel frame that he says is a tad too big for him (he usually rides 17 or 18") that he was thinking of bringing along to sell.

Si

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back