East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

It's a first proper outing for Carol's Fire Mountain tomorrow, and the day I regret buying bottom end Panaracers (got sprained thumbs getting them onto the rims, so please please no punctures). All because of scrutineer Orange, the clean of the Pace has started. It's more of a strip wash than a bath.
So Perry will be on a ss Kona, and what are you riding Mat? Has anyone heard from Rallymarshall?

mDTibbitts how will we recognise you? Wednesday night is time trial night at the Pines so there are quite a few folks around.

All because of scrutineer Orange, the clean of the Pace has started. It's more of a strip wash than a bath.

Just leave it in the rain on Saturday morning for 30 mins - I'm sure that'll do a good enough job :LOL:

i asked paul but hes busy . wednesdays arnt a good day for him

im easy to spot , ill be the only guy in jeans and a tshirt as usual :LOL:

Just leave it in the rain on Saturday morning for 30 mins - I'm sure that'll do a good enough job

But the missing end plug from the LH bar end means it will fill up with water, which might jeapordise my chances.. :) :) Did think of just leaving it and going for Shonky Glory...probably still attainable looking at some of the builds.

Chatsworth ride either Saturday 8th or Sunday 9th August.

Testing the water:

I have the whole weekend free so thought we could do this ride then.

Just want to see if there's any interest at this point. I'm not committing to it just yet as I may decide to go away for the weekend, but if there's a groundswell of interest we can run with it.

This ride is a good mix of terrain, taking 3 - 4 hours at a leisurely pace (I've done in much less at a good pace). Very scenic, goes through grounds of Chatsworth House at one point. Also you'll get green lanes, lovely pack horse bridge, open moorland, singletrack in the woods etc.

sounds good , will need to work out what im upto and if i can get the use of the car

spent the drive home gutted i left my gloves on the roof of the car especially as i check ive got everything with obsessive regularity . got a text from dan saying he picked them up :D :D

could only manage a lap of the red route in an hour on the kona . the mud didnt help . hoping the new bars will help , theres no way it should be slower than the dmr which is 10lbs heavier and has a harder gear :?

Latest posts

Back