Retro-ish 29er

Since this is a single speed, I do a lot of out of saddle pedaling and find the rigid to be more efficient especially on climbs. The rigid is lighter and way cheaper plus I am just too lazy to work on shocks. The big wheels help to soak up the bumps to some extend, but it'll still take a while to get used to if you are used to riding with front suspensions. The diff in smoothness between 26" wheels is definitely noticible though.

That's very nice.
I like the straight lines of the cranks and bash guard. And the fork crown !
Can you describe what noise the rear hubs makes please, does it vrrrrrrr ?

Very nice clean build... :cool:

Shame the frame and fork dont have canti bosses... (Not a fan of discs on single speeds... But thats just my preference).

Otherwise great job done, i like alot... :D

Looks sweet

Downtube/toptube & headtube interface looks different...does that give the front end some flex/movement?

You mean different from last year's design? I heard they had too many cracked gussets on the older model so they re-designed it.
Neil G":3a06quwf said:
Looks sweet

Downtube/toptube & headtube interface looks different...does that give the front end some flex/movement?

Just looks like the downtube and topetube meet very close together and there's a lot of headtube 'unsupported' below the downtube.

Just an obsevation, sweet looing ride. 29ers are quite smooth to ride...I've got an old Mongoose 29er which I commute on and it's surprisingly quick :D

I see what you mean. I think it has to do with meeting certain requirements like standover, toe overlap, head angle, etc. that they ended up being so close. Pretty sure if they didn't have to, they wouldn't butt them right next to each other.

Neil G":1bgnv3jd said:
Just looks like the downtube and topetube meet very close together and there's a lot of headtube 'unsupported' below the downtube.

Just an obsevation, sweet looing ride. 29ers are quite smooth to ride...I've got an old Mongoose 29er which I commute on and it's surprisingly quick :D

Back