Neil G":1m3hmf8w said:
purplewicked":1m3hmf8w said:
purplewicked":1m3hmf8w said:
perry":1m3hmf8w said:
im with you 100% neil

collecting because other people think its cool :LOL:

the groovy forks could have be crafted by the messiah himself with one of a kind unobtanium tubing held together with mrTs grr and the hopes and dreams of everybody who ever lived but they still look ghey

lol Glad someone sees my point of view

lol@ the Potts comment too...that serious blasphemy to the refined collectors

you also find the groovy fork..... "ghey"? ooohh... that's so mature. 12 yr olds.
:LOL:

Sorry but just wouldn't bust my balls to own a pair of forks like that just because they are made by Groovy.

it's because it works. different, better than other forks. i have tried different rigid forks and i talk from experience.
the same goes for every bike i quoted. from ibis to fat city. i know it because i have ridden these bikes. i have ridden cheaper bikes as well.
saying that an excellent fork is "ghey" having not ridden it is quite ..well... nevermind. to each his own.

I never said it was ghey, I said it was fugly lol

I'm just talking about the brand snobbery on here....is that Groovy fork really that much better than a TB Project two or a Pace?....I somehow don't think so...Why is it 'better'?

As you say though each to their own. I can sort of get the Fat Chance thing as well but TBH I never was that interested in them BITD either....I'd probably rather own a Clockwork or Pace or, hate to say it Klein but that's just personal preference.

i never tried a groovy but a vicious cycles is a much better fork than the run of the mill unicrowns. it tracks better, absorbs bumps better. it's in another class.
the same can be said of the big one inch, bontrager comp or a Potts type 2.
but the most important thing is how it looks right? and that sure ain't ghey. :LOL:

If you haven't tried the Groovy then surely your basing your love of the fork on looks/image etc?

IMO the best fork available out there is the S&M Pitchfork :D

i am basing(?) my love on details of the fork build. i know how the fat city square(?) crown fork rides and the groovy is built upon it.

i don't know the S&M fork.

Whilst the children bicker on the merits of various forks, have you make any progress Klaus??

Dr S":x612lbv5 said:
Whilst the children bicker on the merits of various forks, have you make any progress Klaus??

yes, last of the bits should be here this week, going to start final build today and hopefully riding next week :D still hanging out for a stoplight for the rear but will use the motolite in the mean time.

Mini update, please ignore the stem :twisted: new one coming :D

3743213683_2c27e1d2f4_b.jpg

3744004934_41dc02a20f_b.jpg

kaiser":136189in said:
fatfixie":136189in said:
NOICE

An 8 speed Ultegra rear mech would gain you one more style point IMHO :D

Andy

I've got the XT sitting so it'll be going on for now. :)

You obviously had sown the seed as I've got one coming this week :)

(I think that fork looks the dogs...)

Really gonna be a good looking bike that... (well, it is but you know what I mean)

Youre missing a couple of chainrings tho!!!

fingers":s59om0rv said:
(I think that fork looks the dogs...)

Really gonna be a good looking bike that... (well, it is but you know what I mean)

Youre missing a couple of chainrings tho!!!

:D :D

Back