The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
michael@orange":2hzwivvy said:
Luckily work also allows me to keep some real rare exotica

Hi Michael and welcome.

Would you be able to list some of the exotica, so we can drool?

Cheers
Toons

toons":16619f1c said:
michael@orange":16619f1c said:

Hi Michael and welcome.

Cheers
Toons

where to start? a short selection

We've got the very first Orange, Lester's own bike, nickname was Lily cos it was pink, circa 87/88

2 original clockwork frames one orange one yellow white, infinity tubing spec. both brand new never ridden,

the Vit T2 Steve rode to a silver medal vet class UK nationals 96 i think.

2 of the 3 X628 frames ( the start of the Halifax monocoques).

The only P7 made from Reynolds 853 ( heavier than the tube we use so never went into production)

a Formula road bike, Steve's own.

Original twin seat stay Dynamo ( in purple), err thats actually in my garage :)

An e stay Ti circa 1991 I've never found out who was responsible for that one

just bough back a 10th anniversary Clockwork, unused, won in a competition, never ridden and traded in at his local dealer who phoned me and asked if i wanted it!

Team 5 (05) 224 which was Peaty's spare

a ms isle with electric motor, don't ask....

sadly the Patriot with the internal air can for Shimao air shifters got stolen in France :doh:

I've got most of this displayed in the main presentation room, hard bit is finding space and getting them displayed so you can see them. its an on going project

michael@orange":3o60cwuk said:
toons":3o60cwuk said:
michael@orange":3o60cwuk said:

Hi Michael and welcome.

Cheers
Toons

where to start? a short selection

We've got the very first Orange, Lester's own bike, nickname was Lily cos it was pink, circa 87/88

2 original clockwork frames one orange one yellow white, infinity tubing spec. both brand new never ridden,

the Vit T2 Steve rode to a silver medal vet class UK nationals 96 i think.

2 of the 3 X628 frames ( the start of the Halifax monocoques).

The only P7 made from Reynolds 853 ( heavier than the tube we use so never went into production)

a Formula road bike, Steve's own.

Original twin seat stay Dynamo ( in purple), err thats actually in my garage :)

An e stay Ti circa 1991 I've never found out who was responsible for that one

just bough back a 10th anniversary Clockwork, unused, won in a competition, never ridden and traded in at his local dealer who phoned me and asked if i wanted it!

Team 5 (05) 224 which was Peaty's spare

a ms isle with electric motor, don't ask....

sadly the Patriot with the internal air can for Shimao air shifters got stolen in France :doh:

I've got most of this displayed in the main presentation room, hard bit is finding space and getting them displayed so you can see them. its an on going project

I've seen, what I've been told is (?) an orange made cruiser frame (IE schwinn fleet style curved downtube, 1 piece curved seatstay style). did orange ever proto some of those?

Hi Michael, long time no see!

And hello to everyone else.

Just arrived thanks to Mad Cow Kev. Funnily enough Retro bikes are a popular subject amongst some of my fellow race officials, usually in the hotel bar at Fort William each year. We keep talking about holding a "Classic Race" but didn't realise there where so many like minded nutters out there, great to be here!

I also do the Polaris Challenge(a retro competition format since 1991) and there have been some rumblings on the forumabout a retro class. Mind you some people still use fully rigid bikes. And if you don't know the format.... 12 hours Saturday, 5 hours Sunday, wild country, map reading your own route and carrying all your kit for an overnight camp!

Tony

Welcome to all.

Nice rides freakforti :D

Michael... need some pics, especially of the old formulas

Mad Cow, the idea of a retro race class at a larger event (or even as a stand alone) is something which has been around for a while. Would love to see it happen....

scant":1cgzfr5k said:
[

I've seen, what I've been told is (?) an orange made cruiser frame (IE schwinn fleet style curved downtube, 1 piece curved seatstay style). did orange ever proto some of those?

yes, Andy McLeish was responsible for the cruiser, i think we had 2 samples and also a BMX frame at the same time, 1 cruiser might still be in the pile of old stuff in the back corner of the factory.

there's a number of linkage suspension bikes around which never saw production as well.

we've had a few off on a tangent moments :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back