Brodie Rodie 1996

That is lush- on paper a crazy mix but looks fantastic (& fast!)

Your 1st road bike & no need to ever get another!

Inigo Montoya":1332rvd1 said:
they did 130mm bcd spiders but the one i'm using is a 110mm bcd spider with compact road chainrings.

I see.

Great location for the pics.

Is the frame slightly compact or is it regular geomtery?

Love it

I love this bike :cool:

And the problems you have had with the build (bent hanger etc) are what we are faced with when dealing with old bike frames and components.

Ive had stripped threads in bottom bracket shells lately on resto project and a series of faulty motion control cartridges in my modern bike forks...its life :roll:

Enjoy riding the road buddy it is very addictive.

John":1b4bq34e said:
Is the frame slightly compact or is it regular geomtery?
hmmm, don't know. its the standard road frame that brodie offered in 96. i'm quite sure its from 96 because the serial number is 4170.

rodie

wow, very nice. i would believe it is before 96 as chris cooney was building those frames for brodie. my friend has the 96 and it has a double downtube similar to a colnago bitian or titanio....whatever it is called. why did you not go with the original fork?? it would look just as good as the ritchey painted black.... cheers

btw....very jealous

Re: rodie

juiceboxx":1tf1cveg said:
wow, very nice. i would believe it is before 96 as chris cooney was building those frames for brodie. my friend has the 96 and it has a double downtube similar to a colnago bitian or titanio....whatever it is called.
i think its from 96 because it looks vey much like the rodie in the 96 catalogue.
the catalogue is in the archive http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/mai ... temId=2568
in addition brodie frames with similar serial numbers (mine is 4170) are from 1996. there is a thread on mtb-news.de classic forum with brodie serial numbers.
juiceboxx":1tf1cveg said:
why did you not go with the original fork?? it would look just as good as the ritchey painted black....
i would have considered using the original tange alloy fork but it looks horrible with the thick powder coat. i should have just polished it up...
the ritchey carbon fork has a very classic look and is the lightest carbon fork (with alloy steerer) available. i wanted the bike to be as functional as possible so i don't regret choosing the carbon fork.

sorry, but this is a mixture of components that do not fit together. syncros cranx with carbon hubs, silver cockpit with black rims, campy skeleton brakes with brodie-frame. sorry dude - it´s a crappy built-up

Back