East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

we went to Norfolk last year (wells next the sea and other places):roll: :LOL: It's the Gower this year :D #

@Rob - you're risking Shonky bike award if it doesn't get a clean ;) Judge's decision is final :LOL:

:( But I'm riding on Wednesday, have to collect an old (oops 'retro') Tequesta on Thursday night from Redditch, household stuff like shopping penance on Friday,... and Carol flatly refuses to do it. It's not bob-a-job week, my Mum died years ago, and my lads have all left home :)
I could take it into the office but then it would think it was going for a ride after work and get all excited.

As I will have to be up at 5.00 ish on Sat to get up to Pickering in good time it looks like I may as well stay up and inhale citrus degreaser all night....so if I fall asleep on route, crash and scratch it, ED IT WILL BE YOUR FAULT.

I would be up for a Wednesday ride, there is one thing tho, as of last night my car has no drivers side window it should (hopefully) be fixed on wednesday which means i can chuck the bike in the back and drive.

Where will we be ridin? i saw 1 vote 4 the pines, nt sure whether that was a suggestion 4 weds or weekend tho.

The Pines is generally equal distance for Unocogero and Perry, I work in Nottingham so isn't too bad a jaunt after work, Orange71 is sometimes in that area as well, so it has tended to become a kind of central resource in the week.

So although I'm the only one who has mentioned the Pines I think the others have taken it as read. It would be good to see you.

The Ticknall area gets good use both at the weekends and mid week, and living in Ashby this will be really familiar to you. We intend to set up a weekend ride sometime during August. Orange71 has a Peaks ride that is promised as well.

As I will have to be up at 5.00 ish on Sat to get up to Pickering in good time it looks like I may as well stay up and inhale citrus degreaser all night....so if I fall asleep on route, crash and scratch it, ED IT WILL BE YOUR FAUL

:shock: :shock: :LOL:

thats cool, will i need any cash, etc??

The car park is £1 after 6.00 (£3.00 before). With the exception of Perry who generally gets a couple of laps of the Kitchener in beforehand we usually arrive around 6.00 and then spend a couple of hours riding / chatting. Leave about 8.30, back in Ashby for 9.30.
'Unstructured' is probably a good description of the evening, just see what folks want to do.

ive read somewhere that to get the £1 after 6 to work you have to press a red or yellow button and ive heard the shops time trial is 5 laps of whatever their route is

i reckon itl be plenty wet tomorrow , is raining here now

well ive ordered my new bars . they are kinda hard to get hold of in this country so they are on special order from california but could take up to a month :(

i also ordered a really cool stem :cool:

Back