RETROBIKE'S BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER- THIS WEEKEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things you need to know....

Just been to sort a few things out and firm up with the camp site and pub

There will be camping available on both Friday and Saturday night, I have estimated 10 tents on the Friday night and around 20-25 on the Saturday, the facilities are limited to the pub next door ~ No showers

Basically it’s a caravanning site so has no stand alone facilities, only those that the pub has said we can use. They have told me that we can use one of the sheds for secure bike storage but this is at your risk.

Breakfasts will be available from the pub at 8.30 each morning, again this is not something they normally do, so again I have estimated 10-12 for breakfast Saturday morning and 20-25 Sunday morning ~ Full English @£6 per head.

If you intend arriving on Friday please PM me an estimated time, mobile coverage is very hit and miss in the area so don't rely on it. I will be around the pub most of Friday evening but a time always helps.

Evening meals are available from the pub and are very good but he can get very busy, again anybody wanting an evening meal if you can let me know numbers as soon as possible I will do my best to book a table and slot.

Any other major questions fire away, I will do my best to get back to you, there is a very good Youth Hostel about 3 mins from the pub also (Lockton) so that might be an option

Thanks for that Gil. As an alternative to over stretching the kitchens on Saturday night we can have a BBQ. I have a small/ medium sized BBQ that I am bringing but if anyone else would like to bring one along to help out that would be great.
BBQ is on a bring your own basis- there are shops and a supermarket in nearby Pickering and we have a reasonably sized fridge to keep things fresh until needed- don't go too mad though as space is limited.

There is the possibility that the rideout could go into the early evening so it might be a good idea to get stocked with provisions and drink on your way to the event rather than trying to catch the supermarket late on Saturday- remember this is very much a rural area with different opening times. Whatever happens, no-one will go hungry but please try to be prepared.

Shops, supermarket, off licence, bakery etc are located 2 miles south of our site in Pickering. There is ample parking and the supermarket is open from 8:30am

cheers
Si

I'll bring some burgers along for the BBQ, can bring a disposable BBQ as well, my last proper BBQ rusted to nothing in my rather leaky shed...

Andy B":1zj45m15 said:
I'll bring some burgers along for the BBQ, can bring a disposable BBQ as well, my last proper BBQ rusted to nothing in my rather leaky shed...

have you sorted out your sound system yet Andy? I've got 240 volt in the truck if you need to plug something in.

Si

Dr S":1qcksosf said:
have you sorted out your sound system yet Andy? I've got 240 volt in the truck if you need to plug something in.

Si
Yup, if I can use the 240v from the truck I'm good to go, only need it for the PC speakers & might bring a small sub just to fill the bass in, which will be kept at a volume that will not annoy anyone.

Will your 240v supply be ok with those? guess it's on a leisure battery type set up?

Do you have an iPod mains charger, will save me brining mine too, have an in car one as well though.

Just noticed that my PM I sent you on the 8th is still in my outbox, is your inbox full Si?

m-trax":s819j6m8 said:
Still thinking about Friday. If we arrive Saturday what time do we need to arrive for?

I will be there just after eight so anytime afer that really. You need to be there an hour or so before the ride as Orange Ed has selected you to be on his judging panel for the concours.

Si

Schedule of Events

SATURDAY 25th JULY

9:00 Campsite opens, parts jumble, meeting and greeting
10:30 Line up of bikes and concours judging
11:00 Rider Briefing and final fettle
11:15 Ride Depart- 22 mile ride. First 5 timed sections of the Repack Downhill Challenge
14:30 Lunch stop in Goathland
15:15 Second leg of ride with further 3 timed sections.
18:30 Arrive back at campsite, fire up the BBQ's and open a beer. Repack Challenge day one times posted. Line up of PACE bikes, more jumbling, haggling and bartering.
19:30 'Cock o The North' Trials event start.
20:30 Prize giving for competitions.
20:45 Beer, Music by DJ Andy B, Bring yer own BBQ, craic and banter into early hours with special guest TBC

SUNDAY 26TH JULY

9:00-10:00 Breakfast and Hangovers
10:30 Ride Depart- Dalby led by Gil_M. Further 6 timed sections
13:00 Tea and cake stop at Jingleby Farm
15:00 Back at campsite, Prize giving for Repack Challenge, Rider, Crash and Mechanical Woe of The Weekend, pack up and piss off home

All timings are aproximate and wildly optimistic and will be subject to change no doubt.

Si

Sounds excellent. :D
I see the 15mile has converted itself to 22!!!
Presume the whole idea is to do the ride actually on the retro bikes? Just have this vision of the pub shed full of retro bikes and everyone pulling out their 2k plus 2009 bikes for the ride :LOL:
Oh, andI hope there are some other "once was fit" riders going.

Still, Goathland has a nice pub for me surely ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back