P7 with Girvin Vectors...

fingers

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well here is my last P7, never seen on here. Quite a different build to the others - my 1995 is totally factory, my 96 is with a trick mix, this 97 frame is a total bitsa. I never set to build it with anything in mind, never hunted any specific parts, unlike my usual builds...

This was made up with whatever was lying around, and things that popped up and caught my eye.

Really pleasing to build, a few bodges involved - filing the girvin steerer to fit, headset adjuster creativeness, I even created one set of nice m739 xt v brakes from 2 dead sets. Proper making do (hence the wheels)...

Anyway without meaning to, i think I just made my nicest bike...

What do y'all think

spec:

97 P7 21in frame/vector fork/cane creek headset
Orange SK9 stem, Silver azonics single wall riser
kore easton seatpost, orange saddle
M739 xt mechs, brakes, levers
Lx shifters, bb
sugino cranks,
M217 on quando (gulp...) rear
Campagnolo something on stx front (lovely wheel)
Conti tyres (new)

Scuse the spec - all spares - only the fork was bought to fit...
Amazingly CRC supplied a 29.6-26.8 shim to fit my Kore seatpost (spare from RTS build - ordered 2 by mistake!!!!)

IMG_0671.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

yeah, those forks look better on there than they did on my proflex, mainly coz i think they fit your headtube better coz it is a bigger frame than i had them on, so you haven't hundreds on spacers like i did!! :LOL:

i bet it rides nice, everyone talked me out of sticking them on my clockwork, wish i had now. :roll:

It rides sweet as a nut... Very pleased... Just cant beat a p7 with good gear on it!!

the vectors dont bottom out either - mounted on the P7 the linkage is opened more, seems to stiffen them up???

Now that is one of the best looking bikes I've seen in a while. I love Vectors on an Orange - yet nobody seems to do it - despite images of them in the catalogues...

orange71":2yq0n8vf said:
Now that is one of the best looking bikes I've seen in a while. I love Vectors on an Orange - yet nobody seems to do it - despite images of them in the catalogues...

:cool: thanks!!!!

I like it...

Tidy build.

Orange is the only hardtail that seems to be able to carry off the Vector.

Back