My RSP400 project

IceMan

Retro Newbie
Hi all, bought this RSP a month or too ago for £80, spent a bit on it (different forks, new rear mech and crank) tidying it up and getting it running better but all in all a good buy i think. I am struggling to find info on what spec it shud be tho but i cant help feeling that a lot of the components (brakes, wheels etc) aren't original. Not sure whether to try and get hold of some original bits or just make it in to a good usable bike. Ive got more pics if anyones interested. Let me know what you think.......

RSP400-1.jpg

This frame was launched as a part of the 1999 catalogue range.
It was a development from the previous freeride model and was designed by Justin Stevenson who is now at Whyte.
The alloy frame was manufactured by A-PRO in Taiwan, painted and assembled in Raleigh Special Products Department.

There were 3 models launched in 1999, 400, 350 and 300.
The 400 had a Terra Blue main frame and a Red rear.
The 350 had a Red main frame and a Yellow rear,
The 300 had a Mustard main frame and a Blue rear.

The range in 2000 was reduced to 2 models, the 400 and the 300.
The 400 had a White frame with blue flashing at the front of the main frame and at the rear of the stays.
The 300 had a Yellow frame flashed with Silver.

I don't have details for 2001 as I had moved to Dawes by then

Cheers bikemeister2000, i have been told by a guy at my local Raleigh dealer that mines a 2001 model but as for what spec it came as is unknown although i am starting to think that someone may have just purchased the frameset and built it up to there own spec, it says 400 on the top tube and has a blue Pro Line sticker at the bottom of the bottom of the vertical tube.

Anyway heres some more pics, since buying it i have changed the forks (came with Zokes on when i got it), the crank (had a damaged STX RC one on before), and the rear mech (had a knackered XT one on before).

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0288.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

Back