is there demand...

At the time of reissuing the white porcs, maybe they could put something in them to make them last longer rather than the original swiss cheese mix!!! :?

Awesome tyres! :cool:

Rich":zx65stwy said:
At the time of reissuing the white porcs, maybe they could put something in them to make them last longer rather than the original swiss cheese mix!!! :?

Awesome tyres! :cool:

http://www.bikepro.com/products/tires/onza.html
"This is the original Porcupine, sized at 26 x 1.95" with white tread. It has a steel wire bead, and a thin gum sidewall. The White tread was used to make the tire softer for racing on hard ground purposes. It likely has Zinc or Titanium Oxide added to pigment it white, with less carbon as a stiffener to make it softer. It durometer tested to 57/A hardness. No longer available. We sold these for $16.99"

the $16.99 makes me laff :LOL:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
thats the beauty of a re-issue from original molds, its still pure retro but without the massive cost overhead + also like someone mentioned earlier they may be able to improve durability. i remember riding down a mountain road in southern france on them and they literally were leaving white marks when you locked up...

ringlatron":2j7xx8fu said:
thats the beauty of a re-issue from original molds, its still pure retro but without the massive cost overhead + also like someone mentioned earlier they may be able to improve durability. i remember riding down a mountain road in southern france on them and they literally were leaving white marks when you locked up...

you might want to check the cost overhead issue with jeff, I seem to remeber the intional cost of the timbuk2 tyres wasnt that cheap.

yeh the white lines thing isnt a joke. I remeber doing real down to the carcus white line skids down the newly tarmaced hills of plymouth on fluffs old kona. :LOL:

just got me thinking! i havent seen any speccy umma gummas on any of the rides on here... anyone got any pics?

ringlatron":xpk590ex said:
just got me thinking! i havent seen any speccy umma gummas on any of the rides on here... anyone got any pics?

jez had some, I sold mine to germany a while back. to be honest I never liked them, in the wet they were like riding on ice.

just remember JMC riding on those and some red ones if i remember rightly. they were sketchy as hell in the wet, anyone remember the tioga and maxxis biscuit coloured tyres?

Back