East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

its a beaut

lucky the stem didnt snap out . cant be much left of it in the steerer :shock:

i harbour a desire to take one of these and single speed it as they all use a urt with semi horizontal dropouts

i had a good laugh at rutland water today . stood waiting for the mrs at the top of an incline and infront of me was a bloke riding up the other side . click , click , clickclickclick . "ah the chains come off , im taking this back tomorrow , piece of shite " oh how i laughed . if he hadnt have been looking at the shifter so much he would have remembered to keep pedalling :LOL:

I didn't go to last year's Peak meet (I had an unexpected guest come to visit from Canada), but I did go the year before. It was a great ride out - quite hilly. I don't think we'll be doing the same route this time. It wasn't done at a ball-busting pace though.

Rob...are there no photo's of you riding it looking grumpy...that I would love to see!!

I'm thinking Wed this week as I go away on Thurs for a week and a half...to Norfolk as well...but MY bikes coming with me after seeing the Viper in all it's glory!!

ill see if i can make wed

i was getting worried going to norfolk was becoming a midland prerequisite . be funny if you end up with the viper too . it would become norfolk folklore , the midlanders pilgrimage to ride the communal viper . they would have to put it on a plinth in the town square and have us queue through the streets and at the border we proclaim to the guards " im here to ride the viper "

you must slip " ah ha " into a conversation with a native at least once daily

i actually cleaned a bike today . silly me saw the sun today and forgot the rain yesterday so i ended up in muddy water so deep at times you couldnt see the ruts . i sorted the chain issue in the end , changed from a ti 110mm to a cheapy 116mm bottom bracket . i hate the narrow bars

Wednesday suits me, 6.00 or 6.30 ? The Pines ?
Been going to Wells-Next-The-Sea for years, not every year, and usually out of season for long weekends. Had some fantastic Winter rides around this area, nothing hilly, generally gravel, flint and sand, and long agricultural tracks and green lanes, but when the wind is in the wrong direction you don't need hills. Its a very special place, in which the Viper seems particularly wrong.
No, I don't have any grumpy Rob pics. Carol did offer, but I declined.

This was Saturday afternoon.....

Attachments

• Wells.jpg
    Wells.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 595
well ive got the use of the car so ill be there late middayish as usual to put in a lap . i wont be as quick as usual as im still not quite used to the bike . the bars are pissing me off so much , i can see me ordering some new ones tomorrow :LOL:

got to buy a crud catcher too

Will get there for 6.00. :D
Can't see the bike getting cleaned before the weekend, so expect very disapproving looks from all. Ed is judging ???
Unless you lot want to turn Wednesday into a 'clean the Pace ' fest for the honour of group :shock: No? I agree. It's a good honest working bike that gets more abuse than its age justifies (bit like its owner) .

Rob, do you have any good loops round Burnham Market? I did a 45mile road/bridleway ride last year on my singlespeed but it was mainly road (and completely in mist!)

Back