East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

Welcome. We've got some nice trails around here - I've no idea about dirt jumping, though, except maybe at Sherwood Pines.

yes its about time i blagged the car

dirt jumps are called trails in bmx , can get kinda confusing when you know people who both mtb and bmx exclusively and only know of their area of cyclings definition of the word .

only thing stopping me using my dirtbike is lack of cranks oh and paint which i used on the kona

speaking of which it feels quick in a twitchy way . i likes to accelerate while seated . i tried doing the usual traffic light race with a car and the gear skipped . so looks like i cant pedal while stood until i can work out why and i dont think i like onza porcs , certainly not on the front anyway

Perry,

How's it all set up? Are you using the velocity stem? The porcs make more sense on the trail. I've found them pretty good...Why is the gear slipping?

its set up very different :LOL:

i just dont feel a trust in the pork . the specialized on the rear has been fine . i have another tyre to match the front on the dmr so ill bung that on tomorrow

im using an uno ring on my middleburns and an acs freewheel on the dmr hub with a 8speed chain . i reckon the chainring is slightly too far in , ill give it a good look tomorrow . the tensioner seems to be pushing the chain in as its rubbing against the edge of the roller although i have now managed to get it to push up whereas i was riding it pushing down . so its possibly chainline at the crank , or the tensioner trying to push the chain off the freewheel as it comes back around

ill be putting some stuff up for sale soon so i can get an eno hub . i hate tensioners so much :LOL:

I can ride this week. Where and when?

Didn't take the bike to Norfolk :( so decided to hire one as I needed to get some riding in having missed mid-week as well.
Now I wouldn't call myself a bike snob BUT riding my hired thing was painful. I suppose you get what you pay for and £10 for 24 hours got me a full sus gem. BSO is an extremely polite description and I couldn't find anything, and I mean anything, on it that wasn't some 9th rate Chinese copy.

It gave me smug satisfaction to destroy the bottom bracket.

So have a laugh at my expense... :D

Hello mDTibbitts , look forward to meeting up.

Attachments

• BSO.jpg
    BSO.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 586
I'd rather ride a donkey than that :shock:

I haven't been on a bike for nearly 3 weeks now :shock:

Yes, I know, but I needed to do some riding in prep for the Big Dirty Weekend. Will go up early on Saturday and return late Sat night. May stay over to Sunday.
Mr K's ride in the Peaks. Did you do this last year? What kind of distance and pace could I expect?

Back