Best TdF in 20 years?

it is actually a bit of a boring Tour , but this may have to do with riders being a bit cleaner than they used to be .

they cant attack everyday , and have to wait the end to make their move .

cchris2lou":t3mpn58i said:
it is actually a bit of a boring Tour , but this may have to do with riders being a bit cleaner than they used to be .

they cant attack everyday , and have to wait the end to make their move .

Yeah, I miss Floyd Landis, that testosterone fuelled epic breakaway was great telly.

cantador, awsome!! when he attacked though it reminded me of when armstrong did it a few years ago to ullrich, he had a look at everyone then legged it!!

question is, will armstrong now attack?

very impressed with wiggins aswell

Wiggins was fantastic. I would so like to see him on the podium in Paris. I guess it is whether the time he can beat Andy Schleck by in the TT makes up for the lost time on Tuesday and up Ventoux. Fingers crossed.

Stunning last 6km or so with it all going down and Wiggins performance was unbelievable, not looking in trouble at any stage and recovering very quickly afterwards. I don't want to get carried away but if he can stay in this position until the time trial on Thursday he may well be looking at 2nd in Paris.

Great ride from Wiggins, I was surprised Armstrong couldn't go with Contador. I think he may slip down the GC a bit now, looked like it took a lot out of him. Mind you he is 37(?) now so still bloody impressive.
Would be fantastic to see Wiggins on the podium, could he win it?

Conspiracy Theorists Unite

Is the Cav disqualification a TdF establishment penalty on a maverick upstart - discuss...

Mr K

when i saw the cav sprint from the front it did look bad but the overhead shot showed cav did not go off line but the barriers closed in. an experienced rider like hushovd's opinion is very important though, i saw hushovd's interview and he didn't seem too upset (but maybe that's because it had already been decided in is favour) but he said cav had done it to others previously but not to him.

the tour having a go at an upstart? maybe, the comissaire they interviewd who made the discision said something along the lines of "i have made my discision and it won't change, the will be no appeal and my word is final" and that was before the overhead footage had been seen.

i'm sure some of his comments haven't helped either, i don't know what his reported anti french comments were but whether he said them or not it wouldn't go down well in the tour.

i do think cav is arrogant though but so was cipo and abdu before him. it's par for the course with sprinters.

Ah abdujaparov, now thats a dangerous sprinter. I don't think you could say that Cavs sprint was even comparable. Shame as the Green jersey comp looked like it would run to the finish.

didn't say it was a comparable sprint, just their type of attitude. although i think it's a type of self belief attitude that a sprinter needs

Latest posts

Back