Have I spoilt the Look

Purely aesthetically I'd go for non ergo bars in silver and a silver stem. Go back to the down tube shifters and change the tyres. And always remove frippery from photos, loose the saddle bag :D Apart from that its lovely :D

OK, sounds like the consensus is ditch the bars. Shame I sold my brake levers guess I'll have to buy them back. I like the sound of silver stem/bars. What do think of this
!BWZM++!BWk~$(KGrHgoH-DwEjlLl3z,yBK(Njsfiv!~~_1.JPG

Let me start by saying the bike looks perfectly fine, it looks purpose built. However, it does look a bit like a comutter bike, and as that isn't its purpose, you might want to change a few things.
The fact that it has an ahead doesn't bother me, but it sticks up in the air a bit too much for my taste. A quill stem with removable front cap wouldn't look much better imo because it's still a chunky piece of kit. A skinny quill stem might look good, but not so much in combination with the ergo bars. So all in all you might want to leave it as is (maybe turn the stem upside down) but if you choose to change the stem, change the bars too. I would keep the sti's however because this might not go for you bit I know I hardly change gears on a bike without them :)

I like it alot

had to go get my dad, he told me as soon as something like his kg76 showed up to tell him

he likes it too

forks arent original though, are they? (just curious, not saying that they put me off the bike)

also did you paint the lugs or did they come like that, and do you have any idea on date of the bike frame?

enjoy riding it!

bwhsh8r":1n8q0zw9 said:
forks aren't original though, are they? (just curious, not saying that they put me off the bike)

also did you paint the lugs or did they come like that, and do you have any idea on date of the bike frame?

enjoy riding it!

No idea. I bought the frame from a guy with the forks and the lugs (which need a touch up) were painted red. That's why I thought I'd go the red route.

As for the Campag chainset, I know it works, but since it is DuraAce mechs I should change it. I have some Dura Ace cranks somewhere, not sure about rings.

BTW thanks for compliments.

Latest posts

Back