1995 Kona Kilauea SS

jonezpeter

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
Just the job for the daily commute. This is my first proper build so thought I would stick it up here. Also should serve as some kind of record incase some scumbag nicks it!!

Attachments

• Resize of DSC_0341.JPG
    Resize of DSC_0341.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 1,246
  • Resize of DSC_0341.JPG
    Resize of DSC_0341.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 1,246
Looking great - love the "stealth" look too - am looking for the same frame and fork to build one, what size is yours? lol address? .. joking

Looks great...

Stephan.

Looking great - love the "stealth" look too - am looking for the same frame and fork to build one, what size is yours? lol address? .. joking

Looks great...

Stephan.

Thanks, its a 19". Hoping to keep hold of this one, so keep your hands off!!! :LOL:

Dam too big - am needing a 18 inch - take it Kona measure from centre BB to the top of the seat post frame tube for its size ? and not centre of the sloping top-tube?

Stephan.

I have a 1995 Kilauea and it doesn't look much like that! Did you have all those modifications done when you had it repainted?

Looking sweet. Only things that stand out for me are the bulky (crazily angled :shock:) seat and silver bars. If you could change those for a nice Flite and soem black bars it would look the nuts.

Loving the matt plack paint with the silver decals, looks very classy in an understated way.

Overall a top notch build imo. Would love an SS like that for daily use :cool:.

Dam too big - am needing a 18 inch - take it Kona measure from centre BB to the top of the seat post frame tube for its size ? and not centre of the sloping top-tube?

Stephan.

Yep Kona measure centre of BB to top of seat tube.

I have a 1995 Kilauea and it doesn't look much like that! Did you have all those modifications done when you had it repainted?

I bought the frame from Cass on this site and he had the respray done and had all the braze-ons and bits removed at the same time, so it can only be run as a SS now.

Looking sweet. Only things that stand out for me are the bulky (crazily angled ) seat and silver bars. If you could change those for a nice Flite and soem black bars it would look the nuts.

Loving the matt plack paint with the silver decals, looks very classy in an understated way.

Overall a top notch build imo. Would love an SS like that for daily use .

I agree, the saddle is a temporary measure im pretty sure ive got a Flight somewhere at my parents house so will put that on. Will keep a look out for some black bars as well.

Thanks for the comments :D

Back