RETROBIKE'S BIG DIRTY WEEKENDER- THIS WEEKEND!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been having a look at the fleet today and I have loads to get done to them to get them ready for the weekend. I have given up on the Boulder as there is just too much. The Yo has no decals or QRs, headset is knackered on the Cannondale, Pace needs cranks re-painting as one got scratched in the house move- also needs hose guides changing, rear hose shortening and brakes bleeding, Schwinn needs the brakes sorting and a new cassette. The only bike ready is the 87 FAT. Better put in some late nights.

Si

A few bits and bobs.......

Orange Ed has selected his judging panel for Saturday mornings Concours competition. The crack team are Orange71, Jerky, John, M-Trax and Sinnett. They will be taking no prisoners so make sure every nook and cranny are show shine clean and that all those M numbers match up!
There will be five awards- best pre 92, best post 92, best working bike, shonky shed and peoples choice. Peoples choice will be voted for by you lot so don't forget to pop by and put in your vote.

Another reminder to bring your unwanted spares for our bike jumble. Bring, buy, sell, barter etc. There will be a few trade stands too with booty to tempt you too so make sure you bring some pocket money. A laptop with wireless Internet connection will be available for anyone that wants to make payments to anyone via PayPal.

For those who cannot make it there will be a new thread starting on Saturday morning with regular Twitter style updates, pictures, gossip etc.

Weather. Looking good so far- forcast is for mainly sunny and 17-19 deg with light breeze and the odd light shower but the week leading up will have plenty of rain. The forest and moorland sections usually drain well but some of the bridleways can get muddy. The North Yorkshire Moors are a wild place and the weather can change in the blink of an eye so please come prepared for everything. We will be riding out some distance from civilization in pretty open countryside- you have been warned!
Its highly recomended that everyone wears a helmet and gloves would be a good idea too. Saturdays ride is long and remote so please double check everything is tip top on your bike and that it is going to get round.

More to follow no doubt.

Cheers
Si

Seems I ballsed up with this one, I hadn't really taken any notice of it and booked to go to Slingsby (20 miles away from you) in a Caravan on the Sunday with my family, then I started reading this thread :shock:

Which would be ok if I drove as I could pop up, but I don't :LOL:
So I'll drink one in the pub for you on the Sunday.

Dr S":1tz6ik97 said:
A few bits and bobs.......

There will be five awards- best pre 92, best post 92, best working bike, shonky shed and peoples choice.

Does this mean the bikes in other categories don't have to work? ;)

When in the week will you be sending out the location details Si? Need them for midweek.

Does the campsite have showers etc? Or is there a nearby glacial stream?

John":vt4e38yv said:
When in the week will you be sending out the location details Si? Need them for midweek.

Does the campsite have showers etc? Or is there a nearby glacial stream?

Location will be sent out sometime tomorrow, just putting a few more bits and bobs together now. I'm pretty sure there are showers- gil is the man in charge of camping, I will be calling him this afternoon to iron out a few things and will check.

Cheers
Si

I am currently waiting for a phone call from the doctors to confirm suspected swine flu, so not looking good for Saturday :cry: :cry: Will let you know, if i am better will come up anyway but probably wont be up to riding.

chrisv40":2g3sbygn said:
I am currently waiting for a phone call from the doctors to confirm suspected swine flu, so not looking good for Saturday :cry: :cry: Will let you know, if i am better will come up anyway but probably wont be up to riding.

Well fingers crossed its not Swine flu or a lot of people might suddenly have something very important suddenly come up and won't be able to make it. :? :?

The doctor thinks its a viral infection and not swine flu, but has advised rest and no work :cry: How they can make a diagnosis over the telephone beats me but anyway will try for Saturday would be gutted to miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back