BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Show us your cockpit

I'll take off

3704868540_d408710098_b.jpg

"Made in Holland". No, Dutch are not only in trade. Sometimes they do make stuff themselves too. This speedometer is a good example. After almost 50yrs and (at least!) 96,885km still providing you accurate information on how fast you go and no polluting battery needed. Fully automatic. Yesteryear erverything was better ;)

Scale goes up to 60 what isn't very ambitious if you're often in the mountains ...but hey, Dutch Mountains?

Anyway, live is good with a sight on this cockpit.

Well I think it safe to say that you have the best Cockpit on Retrobike...
Parhaps the only analogue speedo in existance in this realm.

ermsamermsam":1d758yq9 said:
Well I think it safe to say that you have the best Cockpit on Retrobike...
Parhaps the only analogue speedo in existance in this realm.

Yep. When the OP bought this bike off Captain Nemo he ruined this thread for everyone else!

Great picture - I'd forgotten that pre-computer speedos ever existed.

About 40 years ago I knew a guy who used to Time Trial with one so that he could keep his speed over 25mph. He took it off once he realised that the friction was costing him a couple of mph at least!

I do think the combination of the neatly made chromed Titan stem, the Maes bars and the interesting speedo make you have always a very aesthetic delight in front of you when pedalling your bike.

Of course it not necessaraly has to be Titan, Maes or what ever, but could very well be the nicest cockpits originate indeed from this era ...or earlier?

Wondering how many are actually around on Retrobike.

Latest posts

Back