The 'Introduce Yourself Here' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the short intro. Have to have one post before you can host a pic. Piccy of my lemon 'dale in the readers bikes section. Had it since new, tried many steeds over the years but kept only this one. Looking for somethingelse though to give the tired old lady a break!

Figured I would check in and see what is happening on the other side of the pond. I know some of ya'll have found our web site for the vintage mountain bikes, but if not, the URL is in the signature.

Good to have you here Jeff, I imagine you will be a very useful mind of information to many of us ;)

Canadian Blizzard

Hi all. Figured this would be a good location for my first post on this forum. I work in a store in Canada (guelph, Ontario). I see alot of vintage parts go through and it's kinddled my interest in bike history for years now. I can't believe I didn't find this site earlier. There are some real gems on this forum.
My daily trailbike is a 1994 Rocky Blizzard, affectionately called "the Blizz". Not exactly sure if it's quite retro yet. As well in the garage are a Kona Lavedome, 1992ish, and a '94 Genesis. Love riding them all, too bad the kona is a 15" though.

Hey mate, welcome to the Forum! :D

Your stable sounds retro enough for sure :cool:

Not alot of Blizzards on here so be good to see some photos..

Yo, go4low! Glad to have you on board. Your stable definitely qualifies you as retro. Though I think the only requirement is a genuine interest in bikes and bike related goodies from the golden age of MTB!

(Hmmm, do I smell a discussion regarding "What is the Golden Age of MTB"? ;))

Let's see some pics of your bikes!

newbie says hi

Hey - great site. I found this after contributing to the Nemba thread on STW.

I have a Breezer Storm circa 1992 languishing at the back of the garage - hopefully this will be the inspiration to build it up. If I ever manage to free up the seized seatpost anyway. I have a complete set of period DX & XT components to build it up with, but I do wonder if I would be better of with more modern kit (I have most of that too), as I want to use the bike for commuting every day. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back