1995 GT Zaskar LE

drystonepaul

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Back in the spring of 1995 after lots of saving up and a the wonderful world of interest free credit agreements, I put together a dream spec for my race bike.
What resulted was an XT equipped Zaskar LE with Hope ti-glide rear hub, Middleburn cranks and front hub, a Royce ti BB, Gripshift X-ray shifters, Pace Sub-130 bars, X-lite Alto-pro bar-ends and a Flite ti saddle.

However I did have to compromise on the Rock-Shox Quadra 21R's because my local shop couldn't get hold of any Judy's.

This first photo was taken in the winter of 1995 with more or less the original spec:

95Zaskar-01.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of years later I went to university and spent a significant proportion of my student loan upgrading my Zaskar to include Pace RC-36 forks, XTR V-brakes, a Chris King headset and Sram ESP900/9.0 shifters and rear mech.

By this stage I reckon that I'd reached my dream spec on this bike.

95Zaskar-02.jpg

95Zaskar-03p.jpg
95Zaskar-04p.jpg
95Zaskar-05p.jpg
95Zaskar-06p.jpg

95Zaskar-07l.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few years later and the inevitable X-Lite riser bars and Pace stem, all in XTR grey, replaced the front end set-up for a less race orientated position.

95Zaskar-08.jpg

But all good things come to an end and not long after this final photograph was taken, my cherished Zaskar was stolen during a break in at my then home.

I was gutted (and uninsured) at the time and I still miss that bike.

Fortunately I also had my GT Bravado, which to be honest due to it's steel frame, had become my prefered choice of ride at the time.

I'd still like my old Zaskar back though...

the second pic is my favourite, lush.

I hate thieving scumbags :twisted:

at least you have some good photos of it...

Hi gutted to here that you lost this bike to a theifing scumbag - I have an original gt minus the wheels & the rear mech that is in full working order and is polished all the time - due to sell very soon but would like to help you out if interested. My loyaties are with my original 1990 kona cinder cone which will never be sold - cheers nufc

Gutted for you. I know what its like. recently I built up a new like as a homage to the one that got stolen. It was based on the same frame and included all the main parts I would have kept on the original bike plus all the upgrades I had planned for the original bike. I still miss the old one but having the new 'dream bike' more than makes up for it.

Love the last pic. Those Pace stems are sexy and the grey bars suit it well I think.

Back