East Midlands Area chat and rides thread

im not a big fan of the summer anyway . too hot , too sunny , too many flies , the dust sticks to my sweaty face and everybody is out aimlessly walking around . i try to avoid mtb in the summer if i can . usually id ride the bmx but since moving i havnt had any motivation to ride street on my lonesome and in the short time i havnt ridden the quality and style of riding has passed me by . too lazy to build trails on my own and im too surly to stand hanging with the yoofs at the pines jumps . never liked skateparks and like the slutty teen girls they all attract even less

well the inevitable happened . i had a fall on the downhill . front wheel lost grip over a wet concrete block while turning and braking ( whod have thought it eh :LOL: ) so i got sent over the bars into the undergrowth at the side . got a swollen leg where i landed on my keys and a small chunk out of my finger . so i could only manage 33 miles today , 3 laps worth . i wanted to go over 40 miles today too :(

hope you have a swift recovery fella...

I go for my steroid injection in a couple of weeks for my finger I bust last November :shock:

itl be alright ill just walk it off . like i did the broken toe :LOL:

my new fishing scales turned up today . i mightave slightly broken them when i tried to lift the trailstar and it slipped off the hook thing and now the dial goes past the start . ive had it apart and its just a spring and i cant see a way to correct it . so starting from its new location it weighs 33lbs :LOL:

no wonder whenever i ride someone elses bike they always feel a bit twangy :LOL:

you can see it with your eyes next time im out , you could even have a go as ive just finished it . so now starts the weeks of stopping every few yards to adjust and readjust things :LOL:

i already dont like the bars and it hasnt even left the living room yet . 22" is fooking narrow when your used to 26"

just weighed it with my new iffy scales and its 23lbs which sounds about right as there are a few parts that are quite porky on it . still its 10lbs less than the dmr :LOL:

I'm new here

Hey,

I arrived in the Ashby de la Zouch area 2 weeks ago, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any places to go dirt jumping? and wants to come with me.
Im free weekdays after 5:30. and any time on weekends.

p.s. I have only just started dirt jumping, and dont mind doing trails if people want.

Back