Best TdF in 20 years?

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
So interesting - Armstrong v Contador (ok, we know who's going to win but inter team rivalry is so shiveringly delicious), Hushovd v Cavendish (ok, we know who's going to win but charm v charmless is so shiveringly delicious), can Bradley sustain a top 10 place?

Ok, UK centric but can't remember being as interested for a long time. Does a great Tour need a rivalry (Lemond v Fignon, Roche v Delgado) or some sort of villain (Lemond v Hinault - work out which is the villain :twisted: )?

being honest i don't think it's been that great yet, i stress yet.

cav is awsome and i'm chuffed he's won 4 stages but i wish armstrong or contador would show their hands. i want to see one of them break away. i want to see the drama of the other one chasing, preferably in the mountains, proper attacking to win not the calculated stuff. i want to see one of them blow because the other is too strong. i do like the fact that armstrong sees things before contador though like that break in the early stage, it shows his experience over contador.

in all honesty i don't mind who wins as long as it is interesting.

i liked today's stage coz there was a long breakaway with a rider eventually blowing big time.

i hope something starts to happen before the ventoux, that's where everyone thinks the poo will hit the fan.

one day i'll do i mountains visit during the tour :D :cool:

Maybe not best in 20 years(yet?), but it has sucked me back into pro cycling. Had kinda lost interest after the Landis debacle, 3 weeks wasted to end in farce. Then Vino, Rassmusseun(sp) et al more nails in the coffin.

I still think the best it yet to come though, Armstrongs little flex of power yesterday shows he'll go for it at some point. The fact he has nothing to prove and so much to lose is riveting, watching the mighty fall is tour gold and if he succeeds..... he may well earn the title of greatest ever. Reckon the TT on Thursday will see some action.

oh yeah, forgot about the tt, surely thats got to be where someone gets the yellow, probably armstrong. then hopefully the attack i want to see will be on the ventoux.

Do you reckon they can afford to leave attacking until the Ventoux though? It's the last day of proper racing and if you're on a bad day then you've lost the tour.

I reckon we'll see some action on Sunday's stage. Mountain top finish at Verbier.

just watched todays stage, i wish hincapie could have got yellow, i wonder how much he would have defended in the mountains against astana?

gah stuck at work with eurosport live web, looked like a good day. Quite like big george, always struck me as a decent sort, would have been good to see him get summat. I wonder if he'll try to stay in contention or the team focus will stay on cav?

jonnyboy666":1eht268l said:
i wish hincapie could have got yellow

He possibly could have if he'd worked for it. Not sure why he didn't drive the breakaway to go for it. Once Ivanov had gone it was obvious he wasn't going to get the stage. Maybe he just didn't have the legs.

Student Bob":w05ufbh6 said:
Do you reckon they can afford to leave attacking until the Ventoux though? It's the last day of proper racing and if you're on a bad day then you've lost the tour.

I reckon we'll see some action on Sunday's stage. Mountain top finish at Verbier.

Could be some attacking, think Armstrong might, but would prefer to mix it up on the TT and Cancellara would prbably prefer the TT too. Wiggins might have a go though. And I'm not sure if Contador would want to leave till the end either?

Back