Miyata Century Redux (picture heavy gold bling)

Great looking bike with a nice bit of personal history. Excellent attention to detail too.
Well done that man!

Thank you!

Thank you all, for your kind words! It has really been a labour of love to bring this bike back to almost factory fresh.

ferrus":1w0vf9ru said:
-how does/did it ride??
It is a very nice ride, it is a great allrounder. Carbon plushness but not exceedingly so, it doesn't feel too soft. Carbon stem/handlebar is nice on the hands on the rutty stuff. The aluminium rear has stiffness enough for interesting climbs, but the bike is not at all lightweight so I usually leave the most extreme climbs alone. ;)

RockiMtn":1w0vf9ru said:
how did you ever get yourself to actually use that off-roading???
Well, it is a mountain bike after all and bikes are meant to be ridden :D
Thanks to my almost god-like riding skills (the wife calls it "dumb luck" but what does she know? ;) ), I have never had any serious thrills or spills with it.

RockiMtn":1w0vf9ru said:
may i ask how much one of these cost back in 1990?
I paid 11000 swedish monies for it. I have Googled for the exchange rates for the day in 1990 when I bought it and found out that it translates to $1815 US, $2123 CAN or £1075.

hoegaardenadds1":1w0vf9ru said:
...the only thing i spotted was wrong was the perished o ring on the qr nut!
Yes, those O-rings really are the hens teeth, nigh impossible to find in good shape. I have played with the thought of substituting with ordinary O-rings, but the originals are in fact more of D-rings (the inner circumference is flat) and it just doesn't look right. The hunt goes on...

clockworkgazz":1w0vf9ru said:
...never say this but I would not ride it, it's part of history and deserves to be kept nice
OK, will do. :D

Again, thanks a lot for your nice comments!

That's a stunning display of perfection.
Pics gradually take you back in time.

This could be the bike of the century, well at least last century :)

Back