The new skool - '06 Specialized Enduro Pro

shogun

Senior Retro Guru
This is my modern day rig. Once upon a time I had a bike for XC, a bike for DH, a bike for slalom racing... Now I just have one which works acceptably at everything (but with a bit of an intentional gravity fuelled bias). Best bike I have ever owned, by far.

27052009456.jpg

27052009445.jpg

Specs?
Frame - '06 Enduro Pro, Brown, Medium
Rear shock - DHX5.0 Air
Front shock/fork - '06 Fox 36RC Talas 110-150mm
Handlebars - Sunline V2 50mm rise OS
Stem - Sunline AM 50mm
Headset - Cane Creek something
Grips - Zero Brown lockons
Saddle - Sunline Ti Rail, Brown
Seatpost - Specialized
Front brake - XT, 203mm
Rear brake - XT, 203mm
Cranks - Truvativ Stylo, E13 34t ring.
Chainguide E13 LG-1
Chain - SRAM PC971
Pedals - Wellgo MG-1 330G pair!
Rear derailleur - X0 long
Rear shifter - X9
Cassette - 11-34
Front hub - Specialized
Rear hub - DT SL
Front rim - DT Swiss EX5.1d, 32
Rear rim - DT Swiss EX5.1d, 32
Spokes - DT butted
Nipples - DT
Tyres High Roller 2.35 Folding.
TubesSpecialized Turbo
Total weight ~14kg.

Might go with a Renthal 36t 'ring soon and the new generation LG1+ guide as I'm told its tolerant of wider chainline variance.

That looks serious fun. :shock:

Granted not so much fun on the up hills though! :LOL:

I like the Specialized bikes - been contemplating a Pitch.....

It actually climbs reasonably well. You do have to be a bit careful with body positioning as the cockpit is very upright, but it has amazing traction and is light 'enough' for sedately ascending, leaving enough energy to shred the descent. It is a bear on the road though.

A typical ride for me is something like say 20 minutes or so of singletrack traverse and ascent, stop for a drink then 30 minutes and about 550m of mixed fireroad and gnar singletrack descent :twisted: Or spending a couple of hours exploring trails from the car. Its perfect for that. I guess we're lucky having a 1270m high mountain 10km from the CBD.

Pitchs are a great fun bike, although I think they need a better rear shock and a 150-160mm fork like a 36 or Lyrik to get the best out of them.

Back