1994 KONA Cindercone Race Lite , Metalic Grey - Original

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
Here is my new addition to the old bikes :roll:

This is a 1994 Cindercone in near original guize, It is in a rare Metalic Grey colour.

The only non original parts are Tyres, Saddle and Grips which is not bad considering. It seems to be in fantastic condition wth little wear.

Cant wait for the blinking rain to stop so I can ride it :cool:

Will post some more pics when weather improves and I have given it a once over.

July2009002.jpg

The sun came out and so did the Cindercone :cool:

I have spent an hour this avo cleaning and setting brakes etc and must say that this bike is awsome, I dont think its done a days work in its life :LOL:

I took the rear HG cassette to peices (why dont shimano still do this) and got rid of 15 years of hard grease and hey presto shiny cassette :cool:. The brakes are particillay crap and the levers :evil: hurt my hands as they have the holes in the end for bar end extensions.:roll:

The paint work is in really good condition as are the decals, there is hardly any sign of cable rub and chain slap.

It even has the Kona Race lite caps in the end of the bars :cool:

PS my camera is rubbish on sunny days

July2009028.jpg

July2009027.jpg

July2009026.jpg

July2009024.jpg

July2009023.jpg

July2009021.jpg

July2009019.jpg

July2009018.jpg

Picture update of the old girl,

I have added V brakes so I can stop and enjoy more, I have gone for XT up front to match fork colour and LX rear to blend in with frame colour. I have put up a link of how I have modified the rear cantin guide to ensure i can run the oringinal cantis without any perminent bodge ;) http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... 213#501213

I have also added porc's and avid levers.

Aug09pics053.jpg

Aug09pics054.jpg

Aug09pics056.jpg

Aug09pics057.jpg

hey Gravy thats a nice looking machine. Love the colour, what the story behind that anyway? is it just a not very common colour or is it one of these US/European alternate colours? Thats 2 of your Konas i would absolutely love to give a new home to now ;)

Back