Klein Rascal '91 Black / Bright Green (here she is! Pics!)

Leon

Dirt Disciple
So, here is my Klein Rascal black/bright green '91. Bought her from first owner! Was in a basement for 2 years because of the owner not cycling anymore. And last he only rode the bike in the city.

First owner had to work extra in 1991 to get this bike. He was very carefull with it, as you can see. There are some spots here and there but overall she is in perfect condition for 19 years old! No oxidation, no denst, no cracks and no chain suck. Still got the biopace cranks on it. Needs a new middle and small chainring, those are worn out, but i think it still are the original rings. She didn't do a lot of miles!

I'm now going to look for a MC1 and a Spinner fork. I still have a wheelset of my dad's old '93 Cannondale. Lucky i didn't sell those wheels. It are SUN Chinook rims with a Suntour XC front hub and a XT hub at the back.

I owned a Topgun before but that was in a very bad condition, so i sold it. I'm happy to get another Klein in such a condition.

Here are the pics:

DSC02195.jpg

DSC02193-1.jpg

DSC02191-1.jpg

DSC02192.jpg

DSC02194-1.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

DSC02190.jpg

This is how she is now! I hope to get some brown wall tires this weekend. Got a Spinner fork but it is to small. Put it in for the pic. Looks good! Syncros Cattleprod is on the way, now a Syncros bar and a nice retro saddle...

DSC02228.jpg

DSC02229-1.jpg

:cool: not a Klein fan but rascals always look good:) Get it remountainified asap though. Nice colour scheme.

Hi Leon,

I spotted that bike too, in A'dam. You got yourself a nice bike with that one.

I wondered why it was still for sale after a week on the net.

Normally this kind of bike is sold within a day!

So, lucky me :D

Back