What was Your teen bike dream? Is the reality as good?

Yeah, stick to the pace grease. I got cheap once and tried another brand. Not good.

Anyhoo, speaking of bikes lusted after in a previous life, who remembers the thermoplastic one-piece Lotus mountain bike? And seeing 'Kingroon's avatar of MBUK's Mint Sauce reminds me of the bike with a down-tube that looked like a piece of wire...!? those back issues are probably still in my folks loft

mine was a ti fat still dream of one! and a manitou fs now got 2! i also dreamt of a breezer as i worked in a shop that sold them for the breif period they were imported and when i started racing for the shop team the lead rider sold me his for next to nothing my father still rides that frame daily!

orangewithenvy":jjir3s3t said:
And seeing 'Kingroon's avatar of MBUK's Mint Sauce reminds me of the bike with a down-tube that looked like a piece of wire...!? those back issues are probably still in my folks loft

Slingshot. I'm sure there are a couple of those knocking about on here. Saw a review of a 29'er Slingshot in Dirtrag a few months back - still makin' 'em.

I saw a shop sponsored rider back in 90 on the first attitude, still got the photo of him on it at the finish at Cinderford. I now have two, a 90 and 91, just don't show me anymore! Would love an Adroit now....

Great Thread!!!

Seems everyone had pretty much the same lusts...mine were;

Pace RC100 - Retrobikeguy - what were you thinking when you sold it!
Klein Attitude 1990 Team Colours
Kona Hei Hei - owned one and yep, they're gorgeous

My RC200 was as close to the RC100 I could get, and I love it to bits..great uphills and solid on the downs...

Like you Roon, the ultimate has to be the Klein Attitude..just how do they ride.....ho hum....dream, dream...
:roll:

I always wnated a ProFloater, couldn't afford one back then, sure as hell can't afford one now :LOL:

First one I ever really lusted after was a Breezer Lightning, but I could only afford a GT Tequesta. Managed to find a Storm recently so pretty similar, but haven't built it up yet.

Sorry to be predictable but mine has to be a 1990 Klein Attitude in Green/White/Magenta and size L/XL. One day I'll find one....

I've been lucky enough to ride loads of great bikes (and some expensive kak ones too) but have yet to even sit on my dream bike!

My dream bikes were:

- Klein Attitude / Adroit (have both)
- Specialized M2 Team Edition (got Epic Ultimate instead)
- S-Works Carbon (got it)
- Yeti A.R.C. (this in team colors & turquoise Ringlé/Grafton/King parts would be sweet)
- Merlin Extralight Mountain (maybe someday?)
- Cannondale Super V (no thanks!)

Funny thing is that I dreamt of Ringlé, Grafton, etc. parts but now I'm selling them and building the bikes with original-spec Shimano & Suntour parts...

Archangel":2k1ubwlh said:
- Merlin Extralight Mountain (maybe someday?)

so nice to hear someone refer to them as extralights. I know the road is the extralight, but i often refer to my XLM as an extralight too.

Back