M-Trax Ti 1000 *updated pics 17/8/09*

fred1

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

Wasnt really looking for one of these! Came across it on ebay, thought I would see how lucky I got with my LOW maximum bid.....and I won!!

Went to pick it up, and didnt really expect too much. Seller said the frame was in good condition, and as you will all know, this can mean anything!
Wasnt bothered about the components as I wanted to build it up with better gear.

Was well chuffed with the condition of the whole bike. Once I gave it a good clean it came up gleaming.
Judy DH have had springs fitted and work like a dream, also have the original forks too.

Not the lightest bike, alot is due to the wheels, they are like anchors!!!! :shock:

m-trax001.jpg

m-trax002.jpg

m-trax003.jpg

m-trax004.jpg

m-trax005.jpg

m-trax006.jpg

Plans for this are:

New lighter wheelset
XT v's
gripshift x-rays
New grips ( suggestions welcome ) ones on it are HORRID.
Alloy/Ti handlebar
New tyres ( amberwall or not ?!?!?! )
XT mechs
LX/XT chainset

Not sure whether to keep the Judys or get some Pace?!?

I will keep you updated!

Cheers

Fred :D [/img]

Looks really good, keep the canti's...

Ritchey true grips would be period correct and are super comfy, hexagonal, I won't use anything else...

Amberwalls would look lovely too...

Enjoy it, there's one not too far from me for £250 in a bike shop, and I want it. Canny afford it though! It's light blue, nearly matches my montage....

i used to own those Judy forks! 1997 DH with an SL crown!
fettled by yours truly... glad to hear they 'work like a dream' :LOL:

i sold them on ebay a month or so ago! the guy didnt keep them or the mtrax long though did he... wonder why!

Its a small world!!!

He just got an LTS and prefered full suspension to hardtail.
I'm not complaining though! :D :D

Hi all,

Here are some updated pics. Still got a decent crank, xt front mech, SPD's, alloy seatpost and some red ano bits to get yet. It never ends!!

Spec:

Mavic SUP117 rims
M900 hubs
M900 8spd cassette
Michellin Jogger 1.90 tyres ( pleasantly surprised with these, got me round Coed y brenin with no bother)

XT 8spd rear mech
XT v's
X-Ray 800 gripshift
Avid v-brake levers
X-lite Stubbie bar-ends

Vetta TT saddle.

Pics dont show the bar-ends or that I managed to get some paint that more or less matches the red on the judy's.

Hope you like! My first retro build, and despite some moments when I felt like tearing my hair out,I have really enjoyed it. :D

m-trax012.jpg

m-trax013.jpg

m-trax014.jpg

m-trax015.jpg

Cheers

Fred :D

Here's mine! NOS frame built up with modern parts...

9 speed XT, Rock Shox SIDs, carbon seatpost and bar ends. XC717 on Deore XT hubs. The lightest bike amongst my group of riding friends by some distance.

Attachments

• MTrax 009 small.jpg
    MTrax 009 small.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 4,108
Back