BoTM July 2009 - Nominations now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rear U was an 87 wicked trait, so that's ok, and the Salsa was often swapped in as it was a $69 upgrade:

http://www.mombat.org/1987_Wicked_Fat.htm

The colour matched forks was a 'no cost' option on the wicked whereas it cost $100 on the Fat Chance, so another pointer towards the Wicked.

The standard Fat was mainly deore with Nitto and Sugino so I am pretty sure that its a Wicked! Nice bike either way :D

Attachments

• 1987-1.jpg
    1987-1.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 945
BoyBurning":1oa5y4gn said:
Oh that's nice too!!

I await better pics!!

Going to work on that today...I need a better camera or at least a tripod, so I don't have to use flash. Pics above will be replaced today, thanks.

GoldenEraMTB":3ox1txae said:
BoyBurning":3ox1txae said:
Oh that's nice too!!

I await better pics!!

Going to work on that today...I need a better camera or at least a tripod, so I don't have to use flash. Pics above will be replaced today, thanks.

And the thread? :D Was this the singlespeed?

Archangel":1l1nxb0o said:
A Shark Fin AND a Shark Tooth - COOL! :cool:

Thanks!

I was going for as much sharkiness as possible :D

ok ok, I had made an error...this is my 1998 Wicked Fat Chance Serial number 00858W

reader's ride thread:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... highlight=

IMG_0001-1.jpg

IMG_0002-1.jpg

and my homage to the 1988 FAT City Cycles ad campaign:

IMG_0009FatAd.jpg

kaiser":hbrnraln said:
GoldenEraMTB":hbrnraln said:
BoyBurning":hbrnraln said:
Oh that's nice too!!

I await better pics!!

And the thread? :D Was this the singlespeed?

The thread is coming tonight with full details and up close pics of components...this will be fully geared. The SS might be the 85, but I'm not sure yet. :)

Dr S":2140e4xc said:
[...] Its not flashy or bling and can be left outside the shops and doesn't attract attention even with fellow riders. [...]
That's funny, and I know the feeling... When my best friend looks at what I do now and say's -"Wouldn't that look better with a damper fork" or -"Never heard of the brand 'Salsa', it can't be good then", what can you say...

I'd have sex with your bike, that's how nice it is... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back