OMG - Carrera Quattro estay full XT £100 bin Leeds area

DeletedUser006

Old School Grand Master
This is not the normal halfords rubbish, I have been looking at the pics and ummingh and ahhing ............. slap, no I have too many olds bikes :LOL:.

It seems to have a full XT groupset, Black as well which IMO is very cool, thumbies, XT crank caps, flex stem got to be worth the £100 for parts on another bike. I quite like the look of the old estay and has a funky splattery paint.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Carrera-Quattro-b ... tsupported

Go on someone get it :cool:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
If it was full XT as new then he'll have paid more than £350 for it.

That black and silver splatter paint job always reminds me of the Zed Overdrive bikes that Dawes used to sell. :LOL:

I remember seeing a review of that bike in 1992, it retailed for £400 and yep, it had full XT - I particularly remember them saying what a complete bargain it was, I can't remember the name of the magazine but it was obsolete by about 1993.....

I seem to remember reading a grouptest in 1990 in MBUK with full XT and that was regarded as a bargain at £650 (not estay). :shock:

So £400 must been a sale price.

trying to remember the name of the magazine it was reviewed in, I can only remember there being mbuk and this at the time, mabe before MBI even.... Paul Smith used to write for them but I could be wrong...although I'm sure it was the first magazine I saw a San Andreas in...

OK I picked this up- Its in great condition (Thanks GravyMonster!) Full black XT groupset & minimal use, though EVERY bolt was rusty and pedals were a bugger to remove. The frame is 531 Magnum too so double score!

IMG_2578.jpg

CTK":2sg3rccd said:
OK I picked this up- Its in great condition (Thanks GravyMonster!) Full black XT groupset & minimal use, though EVERY bolt was rusty and pedals were a bugger to remove. The frame is 531 Magnum too so double score!

Well done that man :cool: , I would have snapped it up if I was in the area, looked pretty unused, I remember them being high spec and could just make out the XT groupo in the pants ebay pic.

Full price was either £699 or £799 IIRC, although towards the end they were on sale at £399 and possibly £350 in some places.

Bargain.

I would have loved that as a groupo donor, ho hum, he who hesitates goes hungry at the buffet as the famous quote goes...

theboy":2s3a8jwx said:
I would have loved that as a groupo donor, ho hum, he who hesitates goes hungry at the buffet as the famous quote goes...

That was the original plan. Going to leave it together as a bike for now, just get a different stem/saddle/bars/tyres and give it a bit of a tune etc.

As is weighs 32lbs ish...

Back