1986 Raleigh Panasonic

Tel

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
This is my "good bike". I've had it for about 16 or 17 years, it was the first bike I built from scratch having got the frame at Hernehill jumble.

It now sports Shimano 600 Ultegra groupset, I have the correct brake levers in a box somewhere. Recently I've added a Ponza saddle and a 105 Hollowtech crank which I'm really not sure whether it suits it.

I keep debating whether to bring the components up to date with a complete new 105 group or whether to refit the 600 crank and levers and have it retro style. Having seen the bikes on here I'm erming towards the retro decision. Converting it to a fixed wheel has crossed my mind too....

Anyway here she is:

Attachments

• raleigh.jpg
    raleigh.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 6,742
great looking bike with a top paint job too :cool:

What tubing is it?

Got to go back to full 600, maybe with the inclusion of aero brake levers.

That is awesome. Great Raleigh colour scheme and extremely tidy for its age too. More pics please if you'd be so kind.

Nice, here's it's even bigger brother with Nuovo Record although I prefer your use of black saddle and blue bar tape.

Do you know any definitive way to date these?

Attachments

• Raleigh.JPG
    Raleigh.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 6,712
Thanks for the comments guys.

The bike is embarrassingly dirty after my years of not being into cycling and neglecting it, sad really as when I lived with my parents many moons ago I kept it on my bedroom wall. Once I've got it all shiny again I'll take more pictures.

I'll put the 600 stuff back/ on it. I would like a Cinelli stem and bars before I put the brake levers on though. Got get some stuff sold and some money saved!

I'd like white saddle, blue tape really although I just put a black Ponza saddle on it but would love a white flite, perhaps a blue....

I aged the frame with the sticker on it that celebratory Reynolds sticker can't think what it says something like 50 years of 531, I'd have to look.

There were also 3 other models that had this paint job a high-ten, a 501 model and of course the 753 which as far as I know was never mass produced and was just for the team riders.

Yeah I love it it just needs some tlc.

ah, love those Raleighs, the paint scheme is very similar to my very first grown up kids bike if you know what i mean :?

Back