1997 fire mountain

i think the rear is a cd. it is eyeletted too if that helps. i'll post some pics tomorrow and see if youi or anyone can help identify them.

edit. no i wont, the bike is on loan to my dad miles away!

rules were made to be broken, plans were made to be altered.

swaqpped the headset for the lovely nos xt offering. slid the equally sweet judy xc's in and began assembling. b*gger. the steerer is too short by about 5mm.

put the original headset back in and then installed the judy sl's. stand back in awe that the yellow compliments the blue. sort of. nearly.

treated the brake arme so a very very quick polish and some fresh pads and away for a quick spin.

first impressions, brakes seem ok, forks are better than the old but still nowhere up to modern standards. tyres need air.

yesterday i lent the bike to my mate for a bimble round clumber park. i got some comedy pics of him. he's about 6'3 maybe 6'4 on a 16" kona. he looks like he's riding a kids bike!

prk02.jpg

25716s7.jpg

5u0axx.jpg

That is so flipping funny....

The bike looks normal on its own and then like a kids bike when your mate is on it. funny stuff :D :D :D

sadly it looks like the end of the line for project skint as i have just secured a 93 lava dome. dome of the better bits off this bike will worm their way onto the L.D. and the rest will be seen in the for sale section soon...

the end is here. frame strippen and collected by its new owner on the forum last night.

hope it gets some love

Back