FAT Chance wicked Finished pics on 1

GoldenEraMTB":3nihpek5 said:
purplewicked":3nihpek5 said:
i love it.

i would look for a salsa stem. wickeds were built w/ salsas on their catalogues. it would look a better fit than the ritchey.
also.. bar is too low. trust me on this: you will like the wicked much better if you take the bar a little higher.

the wicked is a great ride. mellow, comfortable but quick and precise at the same time.

the salsa moto that came with the late 80's wicked are hard to come by, so the ritchey looks good as an alternative given its narrow tubing. As for the height, if the length feels right to him, then he can accomplish that with a few spacers. The salsas tended to be shorter and higher, and if they were longer, it usually meant higher as well.

i agree; spacers then.
i love that fat city color. i love wickeds.

Cheers guys, the headset fitted is a modified XT threaded one which is giving it a very low stack height. A Chris king no logo will be fitted and a couple of spacers too which should give an extra 1" or so.

I've been looking in vain for a Salsa stem for a while and even steel 1" stems are thin on the ground. Ideally a newer Salsa with a face off would be perfect as I have a set of luv handles that would be great up front with the fork. I can't think of too many alloy stems that wouldn't be too bulky either, a zooka perhaps may work.

kaiser":312yg3u5 said:
Cheers guys, the headset fitted is a modified XT threaded one which is giving it a very low stack height. A Chris king no logo will be fitted and a couple of spacers too which should give an extra 1" or so.

I've been looking in vain for a Salsa stem for a while and even steel 1" stems are thin on the ground. Ideally a newer Salsa with a face off would be perfect as I have a set of luv handles that would be great up front with the fork. I can't think of too many alloy stems that wouldn't be too bulky either, a zooka perhaps may work.

Rody will build you a stem!

i am close to asking him to build me the exact same fork for my wicked. or maybe i should finally get a small medium Yo... :cool:

you want a syncros 26.4 seat post. you know you want it...

A groovy stem/bars would be just the ticket, but waiting times rule it out at the moment. And the post is on the cards to be changed at some point. Just need to find it :) I have a tioga post but its a bit on the heavy side.

kaiser":npgxkok8 said:

I might be able to help with your salsa search; pm'ing you now :)

loving that there bike except the fugly forks

when do you think it might roll and promise me you will put some shimano spd's on it ;)

clockworkgazz":k0428akg said:
loving that there bike except the fugly forks

when do you think it might roll and promise me you will put some shimano spd's on it ;)

Wellllll. Polished the cranks up and happy the way they turned out and fitted the king headset tonight. But already got a few changes in mind and will need to release some dosh to get them :roll:

May have a stem swap on the cards and this would let me change the bars out, so ideally would want a black post as well. Also I have a pair of pauls moto lites but really want to put a canti on the back preferably(actually definitely) a paul stoplight. Apart from that I think I have everything else(well chain and grips excepted)

Back